+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Needing some Help please

My Bub is 7.5 months. For the last month she has been waking every 4 hours. I have gone back to work and she is in Care 3 days. She has five solid meals a day and still taking bottles through the day every 3 hours.

She usually goes to bed around 800pm then gets up sometimes at 11 and the 430. It is affecting me and my husband we are very sleep deprived and having to go to work the next day.

Any suggestions on what too do? We have tried the 10 minute rule when she wakes, but no use tried the going in patting her chest no good. The wake up at 430 can sometimes take her an hour to get back to sleep. By then my husband and I are both wide awake and cant go backt o sleep. It is waking my other children.

Any thoughts would be great. We put bonjela on as she is teething or nurofen when she really screams but it doesnt settle her back down without a bottle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How do you put her to bed at night time? I'm asking because this is how I re-settle DS during night wakings. If I didn't then I'd probably be up for an hour too but instead it only takes 5 minutes or so to get him back to sleep.

Also just wanted to ad that my 11 month old DS woke up twice last night and in the morning I excitedly told my mom how well he had slept. Twice a night is a good night here!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

Nai332  (18-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only waking twice would be a great night here too!

Does she settle pretty quickly when you do give her a feed at night?

I usually bring my DD into bed with me at around 4 am when she wakes up, just so I can get a few more hours of sleep. Is this an option for you.?
    Last edited by WaitingToPop; 18-03-2012 at 10:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a little babyswing that I had put next to my bed when DS woke up early in the morning. I would give him a feed and then put him wrapped up in the swing and he would sleep in there for another hour or 2.
    Yet DS has been sleeping through since he was 4 months. Do you still wrap her? If it really becomes too much, you can always go to a sleep school. Yet only 2 wake ups a night isn't that bad for a 7.5 month old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wish mine would only wake that many times! My ds wakes almost every second hour.. and on a BAD night, once every hour. and she's 3.5! LOL. When you find the secret out as to what works, give me a hoy!

Forgot to add, I found using one of those baby swings helped me ALOT when bubs was this age... at first he didn't like it and cried in it for about a week, then he LOVED it ) he'd fall asleep in there eventually... i'd give him some rattles to hold and he would get sleepy listening to the music...
    Last edited by GlitterFarts; 18-03-2012 at 15:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a few suggestions, I haven't tried these myself so don't know if it would work...
    Space out the bottles during the day to every 4 hours, but give more so the amount of milk is still the same or more...
    Or, give a bigger feed before bed, like a 240ml?
    You could also try a dreamfeed at 10pm to stop the 11pm wake up?

I think these are usually things I've heard suggested for a younger baby, but might be worth a go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How does bub go to sleep, does she self settle? My bub is 7 months, and we just recently gave up the dummy to help stop some night feeds. She had been waking several times overnight, and needing to be fed to get back to sleep.
    I also changed bedtime routine from bath, feed, sleep, to feed, bath, sleep. It took a couple of nights of a little bit of crying to get her to self settle initially, but last night she slept 11 hrs straight!
    Is she eating some meat now too? That might help fill her up, and I agree with the PP about larger volumes of milk less often. My bub is BF, but she only feeds 4 hrly during the day.
    Also when you do give her milk overnight, does she fall asleep while drinking? If you can make sure she is awake before you put her back into bed, then she might not rely on the milk to put her back to sleep.
    Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys

Thanks for your valuble input. At the moment she has 5 bottles during the day all at 250ml. Plus she has 5 meals a day...lol she is a bit of a machine.

She settles really well after about 5 minutes usually puts herself to sleep. When she wakes up of a night it sometimes gets difficult will try and wrap her she wasnt big on this when she was young maybe it will work now

Nai

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nai332 View Post
    Hi Guys

Thanks for your valuble input. At the moment she has 5 bottles during the day all at 250ml. Plus she has 5 meals a day...lol she is a bit of a machine.

Nai
    That is a very healthy appetite :-)

Just one more suggestion. Is she waking at 4.30 because she is getting cold? When DS wakes at around 3am I pop a jumper on him over his sleeping bag as a few times he has felt quite cold.