+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ugh I HATE gumtree for this reason. I have only posted things on there a few times but each time I received more than one troll email or spam/advertisement email. Sooo annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hmm, that's annoying. I was thinking about selling our commodore on there... Maybe I should just sit it on the street with a sign in the window

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I sold my car on there, I did have someone try and scam me, but was sold in 24 hours

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

bronny-jane  (18-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I sold my car on there with no trolls contacting me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Argh don't get me started about advertising cars on gumtree. 99% of the people who contacted us were scammers. Out of control and extremely annoying. I'm getting sick of gumtree actually. Sadly it's becoming full of the above, time wasters and obnoxious people. We recently put an ad up offering employment within the trades industry. We have had three people contact us. One of those told my DH without him even getting a chance to ask questions that "I'll take the job alrite mate, and you'll be working for me!!" ummm ok, when DH asked him "what?" he then told my hubby "are you going deaf mate, need a hearing aid mate". My hubby was dumbfounded and hung up on him. I think judging by that we were just another name and number that he could write on his dole form.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansMummy View Post
    Argh don't get me started about advertising cars on gumtree. 99% of the people who contacted us were scammers. Out of control and extremely annoying. I'm getting sick of gumtree actually. Sadly it's becoming full of the above, time wasters and obnoxious people. We recently put an ad up offering employment within the trades industry. We have had three people contact us. One of those told my DH without him even getting a chance to ask questions that "I'll take the job alrite mate, and you'll be working for me!!" ummm ok, when DH asked him "what?" he then told my hubby "are you going deaf mate, need a hearing aid mate". My hubby was dumbfounded and hung up on him. I think judging by that we were just another name and number that he could write on his dole form.
    omg, how rude was that!! I have sold a couple of things on gumtree, but i hate the ones where someone emails you with ""have you sold the stroller yet?"" and then you reply and then they don't bother replying if they want to come see it or any questions... lol.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    I sold my car on there, I did have someone try and scam me, but was sold in 24 hours

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**
    My car sold in like 8 or less hours listed it around noon gone that night

I had 2 scam emails but just ignored them, I have sold heaps of stuff on there but always get one scam email it's a pain in the a5s

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have sold a couple things on gumtree with no probs. however when we put the car up we had 3 emails & texts from Scammers saying they wanted to buy the car, they couldn't view it or call us as they work on an offshore oil rig. The car is a present for their dad as a surprise for his birthday. It was only because we got 3 of them all with very similar stories that we realised it was a scam. So beware people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people have too much time on their hands!

I am thinking I would take up babysitting if I didn't have a FIFO DH and two littlies at home at night...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglemum View Post
    I too have tried looking for a babysitter on a few sites. So far I have been rejected by anyone I approached as my 3 yo daughter has epilepsy!! They didn't want the responsibility. Seriously, if you've done the first aid course you can cope. She even gives herself her meds. Oh well its not like I have anything planned.
    Sorry to go off track, but could you get respite? I would think she would qualify. Might be something worth looking into.