+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommend Ob & hospital on Gold Coast

Hi, we have just moved to the gold coast and are looking at ttc2, can anyone recommend a great ob? and approx cost (have MBF cover)

Looks like Pindara hospital is nearest me (nth gold coast).

I already know I will need a c-sect and if first time round is anything to go by I will be formula feeding. I didnt get any milk (even with medication) so I am prepaired for that to happen again but don't want to deal with very aggressive breast only midwifes (they had me in tears 1st time-luckly shift changed and I got a really nice understanding one who was very supportive). Do you think Pindara will be ok?

DD is 4 next month and I feel as nervous this time around as it was so long ago.

Thanks for any advice
    K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi welcome to the gold coast I also live in north Goldie I am goin to John Flynn and have a amazing ob I have had previous problems with my cervix but he is sooooo understanding n flexible with what I want and all the staff at the birthing unit are extremely nice and if you like they have tours every sat at 3pm :-) when are you due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks -still trying at this stage!

I have heard good things about John Flynn, can I ask why you chose John Flynn over Pindara?

When are you due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am due 20th sept with our first :-) our little miracle ( I wasn't spose to be able to conceive naturally )

Umm hard question but I never really looked into pindara I read a few bad reviews online so kinda put me off I also have friends who have given birth at John Flynn n the hospital is really nice and the rooms r great n hubby can stay n soo on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Interested in your question too. I've just got BFP and we are going to John Flynn. I've heard great things. But my GP who is also great hasn't said yet which OB she will refer me too. (have apt next week)
    So I'm intrigued in people's answer too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Tamtam when are you due? My doctor asked me to pick an ob and she will write the referral but thats because she didnt know any obs there, u can find the list of there obs on there site with pics n experience n what not :-) I am goin with Geoff Trueman, obviously not sure how far along u are but try n book in soon I was 8 weeks pregnant when I was also looking into Sunnybank private n when I called to have a look around the hospital they were already booked out for sept :-/ crazy lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks smiles. I think that's who my dr recommends. I've also heard good things about shiri dutt. I've already looked up the site. Doc apt on Tuesday. I'm just under four weeks so it's pretty early days. Yeah my GP told me we'll have to book in early. We might do tour but was thinking that's getting ahead of myself! I would love to know some of the out of pocket expenses too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a tour very early so gofor it! I mean u might as well coz u need to book into a private hospital sooo early, but I'm sure u will love it I was extremely impresses! I've heard good things about dr dutt aswell.

Not sure if u have private health insurance or not but, my health insurance will cover the cost of the hospital and ob for delivery as for out of pocket

First ob app $160
    All obs from then on $90
    20 week management fee $2000

All o s are diff but that's for dr Trueman u will also get some of that back from Medicare :-)

As for delivery if you need a c-section it varies depending on day of the week from about $1200-$1800

Epidural same as above depends on day from $550-900 you also get money back from Medicare

Soo when u leave the hospital you will have a bill for c-section n epidural depending how your labour goes n excess for private health

Sorry for the long post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thanks for all that! I do have phi.
    Strange question... Do the OBs have their own ultrasounds? Or is that an extra cost too??

Just weighing up last time when we lost baby, I had GP costs and referral for scans at south coast radiology that cost too. But if OBs have their own that's incorporated into the consults???

Sorry I'm clueless about this stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats ok ask away questions I wish I had joined bub hub early so someone could tel me info this is my first bub n also very clueless only know this info coz I've been lol

You will need a nuchal scan (check for down syndrome) from 11-13 weeks that's about $190 where I went n got nothing back :-(

Next scan is the big 19 week scan which is also out of pocket but not sure the cost coz haven't got that far

My ob does have an ultrasound machine in his office n at every app will check n show you your baby which is a massive bonus for me verse public I'm a worry wort so love seeing baby every couple of weeks n these ultrasounds cost nothing!