+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Minimum dpo to get a BFP?

What's the lowest dpo you've gotten a BFP on? We're TTC and I'm currently 7dpo and I'm so keen to poas it's actually a bit ridiculous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I so want answers to this question too!!! I'm dying to POAS!!!!! But it's only been 6 dpo I think.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i got my BFP on 11DPO at about 4pm in the afternoon - i will post link so you can see. I assume it probably would have been positive before this given its quite dark??

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...5&d=1330068002

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

MickeyMouse84  (19-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends on when the egg was fertilized and when it implanted and how many there are.

It is possible to test for traces of blood from implantation prior to POAS if you are desperate. Ask the chemist for the urine analysis test sticks, "Multistix", the manufacturer is Siemens. You'd need to refrain from sex too because that can cause tiny amounts of blood to be detected as well.

The first sign I get is constipation in that first week, like my body's metabolic rate has suddenly been shoved into first gear, and cervical mucous suddenly becomes white and tacky.

I don't know if it is a good idea finding out so early, only 25% of fertilized eggs make it (unless you're 41 like me, in which case at least 50% are duds), so you may be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Hope this helps, I hope this next week zips on by. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got a BFP at 10dpo. Everyone is different though and as pp said it all depends when the egg implants.

I'm trying to hold off testing till AF is late. Not sure if I am going to make it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I want to hold off too, because I do actually expect we missed this month (you know how life gets in the way), but I'm just desperate hahah and just wish that if AF is going to show she could show up earlier so we can get back into it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Implantation occurs 6-12 days after ovulation and it takes 2 days for the hormone to build up enough to register a pos. I have googled this topic to death lol. So really 8DPO is the earliest. I have read a few getting the pos on 7 DPO but I'm suspecting they have o'ed a day earlier than they thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Implantation occurs 6-12 days after ovulation and it takes 2 days for the hormone to build up enough to register a pos. I have googled this topic to death lol. So really 8DPO is the earliest. I have read a few getting the pos on 7 DPO but I'm suspecting they have o'ed a day earlier than they thought.
    Ah! Good old google! How'd we ever live without it???

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

delirium  (17-03-2012),Tamtam  (17-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    Ah! Good old google! How'd we ever live without it???
    LOL my friend google helps me while away the days in the TWW. Symptom spotting, looking for anything that keeps me positive. Lurrrve google

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine at 7dpo this week, 2 days after implantation bleeding Very faint, posted pics to get some reassurance.
    I hardly ever ovulate due to PCOS so when I do I know which day it is because I only get the increased CM and strong ovulation pains on one day.