+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ultrasound Confusion :-/

Hi All

I am (by my calculations) 7 weeks 4 days pregnant with our first baby. I went from my first ultrasound yersterday. In the ultrasound they confirmed im pregnant and eveything is in the right place but they could only see the gestational sac and no fetus. She measured by gestational sac and said im only 6 weeks and 2 day and it may be too early. Has anyone else had this happen?? im confused because my date should be right, i always have a 28 day cycle and ovulate on day 14 or 15 which definatly happened because i did a ovulation prediction test. We had sex on day 14, 15 and 16. sooooo how can i be a week behind????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have no answer but didn't wanna read and not reply! i hope everything works out for you! xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya!
    Don't stress ur not on ur own! I had a 8wk ultrasound coz I had bleeding n they told me I was only 5w2days n they could only tell that yes I was pregnant! I KNEW they were wrong but we just went to the full 12wk ultrasound on one of the 2days that let me fall in the right timeframe of BOTH due dates (like u I knew wat days we'd ttc'd) n the NT scan came back with my original calculated date! All scan since hav been within a day or 2 of my due date!

I think these super early ones may b a lil premmie (excuse the pun) on dating even thou they claim the earlier the more accurate!

Good luck with ur preg journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The exact same thing happened to me. I know that I'm further than what they told me cos I calculated my dates do many times!!! Every scan I've had since then has been a different due date!!! So try not to worry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you soo much for telling me your experiances. It has but me at ease lol I really appreciate it alot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same happened to me too. For our second baby we planned and 'DTD' on the day before and day of ovulation. I knew the day of implantation too. When we did the first ultrasound, the lady told me a date that did not calculate with mine but then at the 18 week scan, all calculated correctly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck I hope it all works out xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry about the dates they say. The Dr that did my ultrasound told me that the measurements that are used to date age of fetus are based on averages, but they can be 6 days out either side of the date they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also it could be that implantation happened later, the swimmers just took their time! Go back for another scan in a week and as long as it has grown in that time it's fine xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Both my pregnancies I had my due date changed based on ultrasound results. TBH I don't really trust it any more. This pregnancy the earliest possible date that I could be due is the 18th of June based on us DTD on the 25th of September (it was the only time we DTD in a long time) but my due date has been changed till the 13th of June based on ultrasounds

It's only 5 days, so I'm not arguing with them I just know that it can't be correct based on the dates theory!