+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default SJOG Murdoch or Attadale Private

Hi Everyone,

I am a very excited and nervous first time Mum (5 wks and 2 days!) and am trying to decide between having our bub at SJOG Murdoch or Attadale Private in Perth. If anyone has experience of either of these hospitals and can provide advice/info it would be much appreciated. I have tentatively booked with Chris Gunnell at Attadale in the interim but did a drive by the other night and am a little freaked by how small the hospital looks!! Is there such a thing as double booking? I am hoping to do a tour of Attadale tomorrow and SJOG next week.

Many thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had my 2 babies at attadale, Wonderfull both times, I had simon clarke and he was great. I am a midwife myself (but dont work there) and thought there care was as good as all other hospitals I have worked at ( public and private). The rooms are small but the hospital is small meaning quiet and intimate while SJOG can be absolutely heaving at times and you can go a while before seeing midwives do to the pure accuity of the place. My sone was unwell at birth and needed to go with NETS to PMH and everyone was so wonderfull and had an awesome Paed. I was an inpatient for 8 days until my son was back from PMH with me in hospital for a further 2 days until discharge, and was made to feel very welcome and not pushed out.

Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing to thread! My ob (Chris nichols) will deliver at both. I'm 17 weeks not booked in anywhere, said I didn't need to until next appt (20 weeks). Murdochs rooms look nicer from having visited people, but that's about all I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My SIL had bub @ sjog. She raved about it plus they have neonatal care there. That was a good thing as bub had to be in it for 2 weeks. Otherwise bub would of been sent to pmh and she would of had to stay

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my son at SJOG Murdoch and have nothing but positive comments to make about it. The midwives were excellent and supported me when I needed it and left me alone to make my own decisions when needed eg after 2 days of not producing more then a couple of table spoons of milk I asked for formula and they were happy to provide it. The older midwives did encourage me to keep trying which I took on board but they weren't overpowering in their opinion.

I have no experience of Attadale so I can compare the two. I had a c-section and I cannot fault any part of the process or those involved and if we ever have another child it will be through Dr Colin Blair at Murdoch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had dd at sjog Murdoch and will be returning for this baby too. Can't fault it, amazing staff, double beds, great food. She was also in special care for 3 days and the staff were fantastic there too.
    A couple of friends have birthed at attadale and they loved it there too though said the rooms are very tiny.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had dr gunnel he was great (but Simon Clarke delivered, he was also good but less personable than dr g). I had a very bad experience at Attadale. Busy, noisy, no midwife care unless I went to the nursery and asked. Went home in a puddle of sleep deprived tears a few days early. Really disappointing as I had heard great things and had really looked forward to having my baby there. Although, did have a wonderful birth experience and an AMAZING walking epidural so I could walk pee rock sway and feel contractions just mild pain only it was truly awesome

If I had another one I'd go to kaleeya! Public but apparently awesome. If private I'd go mercy in north Perth

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bubs at sjog murdoch, it was really nice, will be going again for next baby.

I visited a friend at attadale and the rooms were extremely small and it looked a bit run down to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Everyone for your feedback. I am still booked in with Dr Gunnel at Attadale at this stage. Went & did a visit the other week & while it's not as roomy as SJOG, the staff were really helpful and am feeling much happier with my decision now. I like the sound of that walking epidural too! Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm booked in with Dr Gunnell at Attadale as well, due August
    We did the hospital tour a few weeks ago and was in a quandary when I saw how small the rooms were. Tried to change over to KEMH (had my 2nd there and midwives were fab), but ... on second thoughts and after obs appointment again, decided to stay with him. Oh well ...