+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it can to a certain extent but it's not the cure for unhappiness if that unhappiness isn't due to financial hardship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think happiness is directly proportional to the amount of money you have, no.

I have way less financial struggles this year and I am definitely a lot happier. There are plenty of other things that make me happy/sad though that have absolutely no connection with money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes it can...it can make life a lot more fun and easy..it does not make everything perfect..but sure does help!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I really don't think it can. You can have everything in the world you desire but if you aren't truly happy then money won't help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No, but it can make life a little less stressful!

I think some people just love money too much. It's really not that important to me. We earn good money, but I buy clothes from big w, kmart, target etc. and my children wear second-hand clothes!

I think society has a big role to play in people wanting everything at any expense. I mean, look at that nappy bag thread, people got their back up when others said that it was ridiculous to pay that much for a bag. I just can't justify spending that amount of money on a bag. Imagine what $400 would do for a child in Africa!
    Last edited by BigRedV; 17-03-2012 at 15:54.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Benji  (17-03-2012),delirium  (17-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Only for a short time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not really but it sucks being poor, behind on bills, unable to pay for certain things.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (17-03-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Money can't buy your health or that of your loved ones, it can't buy good relationships, or true respect...but to have *enough* to take the stress of bills and to enjoy some of the nicer things, like a holiday every now and again or a meal out, or tickets to an event would certainly make me feel better about where we are. It would also help to know we could afford fertility treatment if needed.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (17-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah money to make you get buy every day is good but no it is not Happiness to me just being health and not depressed and a happy home is what makes me happy.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OF COURSE IT DOES!!! Oh my goodness, you people are so silly...

MONEY BUYS CHOCOLATE!!!

That being said, I don't need money to make me happy. I can live on the absolute bare minimum (and have done in the past) and been completely happy. I guess it's all about perspective .