+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I kept everything

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicoletta For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (17-03-2012),smootch  (17-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a whole bag full of his baby clothes....

Which was most of them as I didn't buy a huge amount to start with.

Theyre so so special to me for many reasons... I'll keep them forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've kept a few special items that are 000 & 0000 (from the early days). But otherwise I'm being quite ruthless. We just don't have the space to keep all the clothes. I am absolutely hating going through my ds's old clothes though. It pains me to have to give most of them away and not to use them for our dd. But, nearly all the stuff from size 0 up is very masculine. I'm trying to do it as quickly as possible to minimise the emotional distress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive just done the clothes cull as i kept everything from DD expecting that #2 would also be a girl.

He, is infact a HE.

Ive kept DD's coming home outfit, first outfit at home and first shoes. The rest goes.... I have to try and make some money to start buying boys things!

I have kept some of the early things that arent pink/girly - that can be used for a boy but once im finished with them with him - they go too. 2 bubs is enough for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I have kept the clothes they came home in, a special blanket and anything hand made for them. They will get these things when they decide to have kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is only 14 months, and I have a large storage box under my bed holding loads of his clothes that are too small. Each time I put more stuff into it, I go through the contents and try to part with outfits that aren't as 'special'. It is a hard process as DS looked amazingly cute in everything! Most of the clothes he outgrows go to charity, but my faves and all the tiny 00000s are kept, I can't bring myself to get rid of them! I'm also justifying my hoarding by thinking that perhaps, one day in the distant future, I may have another!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep trying to tell myself 'less is more' and that fewer things will have more value and memories, and that if I keep too much, none of it will stand out as having much value.

I'm horribly attached more to the concept of baby clothes than the clothes themselves. As my pg progressed and we found out bub wld be early, then earlier then earlier, and the estimated weight got smaller, I consoled myself and focussed on having a healthy baby by buying smaller and smaller clothes. My natal educator said not to by 0000 suits as they'd only get used for a fortnight. Bubs ended up being 3pounds 13 and only fitted into 000000000 equivalent, 1.2 kg and under prem vests. Took him 5m to get to 0000. I've kept lots of outfits so he can dress his teddy bears (they fit perfectly), they are so tiny I've given some to my sister's girl to dress a doll. Bub took 2w to grow into the Pumpkin Patch teddy clothes a friend bought him, gives you some idea of size.

I love the idea of making a quilt from them. Hello, my MIL makes quilts. I'll have to ask her!

I've kept all the clothes (they are mostly androgynous) and the whole pack of 0000 upwards is doing the rounds as my friends have babies. I like to think they are lowering the carbon footprint...

I'd keep 4 or 5 special outfits, esp if you've lots of pics or special memories of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    I'm also justifying my hoarding by thinking that perhaps, one day in the distant future, I may have another!
    This too for me. I'm a coupla years off forty, and we live at the In-Laws for now, so I'd love to get on with it but there's no space for the clothes or another child! Catch 22...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've kept everything that isn't stained ruined or faded. My sister will borrow them if she has a boy. I can't imagine ever getting rid of them. I like to pretend I can shrink my boys and put them back into them

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

nicoletta  (17-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have around 8 nappy boxes full of 19 month old DSs clothes I can't bring me self to get rid of any!
    We are having a DD this time so won't be able to reuse DS clothes as they are all boyish... DH has said they all need to go except 1-2 boxes but I just can't do it at the moment haha.
    My mum gave me some of my baby clothes when I was 8 to dress my dolls in and I still have them, I love them and am so happy she kept them for me.
    I LOVE the quilt idea!!! Will be doing that for sure!