Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry what is CIN 2 or 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They are stages of cervical dysplasia (sp?), basically pre-cancerous cells on your cervix which are picked up during a pap smear. They range from low grade to high grade abnormalities and if left untreated can eventually progress to cervical cancer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very sorry to read and sending best result vibes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smootch View Post
    Very sorry to read and sending best result vibes!

Thanks smootch! You'd be surprised how common it actually is though and very easily treated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The last pap I had was at my 6 week pp check. DS is now 19 mths so nearly due again but also pg again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a decent sized patch of CIN II then fell pregnant with DS2 after finding out. At my checkup after having him it was 100% gone.

I did a lot of reading on it and found out pregnancy/birth can often improve it or get rid of it completely. Something like 70% of cases of cervical dysplasia are either improved or gone after pregnancy. Even if it were to progress pregnancy generally slows this.

Another friend of mine had CIN II and it also cleared up after her bub.

I'd post links to the info but my laptop (where I have bookmarks) is in being fixed... PM me if you want links when I get it back so you can do your own reading.

There should be no reason you can't vbac... I had another csec but that was due to breech with fundal placenta and cord around neck. it should also be safe to wait until bub arrives to get any treatment if you still need it. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    I had a decent sized patch of CIN II then fell pregnant with DS2 after finding out. At my checkup after having him it was 100% gone.

I did a lot of reading on it and found out pregnancy/birth can often improve it or get rid of it completely. Something like 70% of cases of cervical dysplasia are either improved or gone after pregnancy. Even if it were to progress pregnancy generally slows this.

Another friend of mine had CIN II and it also cleared up after her bub.

I'd post links to the info but my laptop (where I have bookmarks) is in being fixed... PM me if you want links when I get it back so you can do your own reading.

There should be no reason you can't vbac... I had another csec but that was due to breech with fundal placenta and cord around neck. it should also be safe to wait until bub arrives to get any treatment if you still need it. Good luck
    Thank you Clucky, really appreciate that! It would be fantastic if it cleared up on it's own.
    Definitely feeling a lot more relieved now and hopeful of a VBAC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pregnancy can make CIN look worse than it is. Quite often as cluckysc said it will regress. 30% of CIN 3 will regress to normal after a year. The reason you are not treated is that the treatment for the disease can leave you with a stenotic cervix 20-30% of the time which means a cs. Or it could lead to an incompetent cx and miscarry rates increase dramatically.

The chances of you progressing to invasive carcinoma is less than 1%. You might go to carcinoma in situ but that is only if you have had a long history with an infection in your youth.

Put it this way. You will be ok to wait out your pregnancy till your 6wk post natal check up. But you might still not get your vbac if your CIN 3 is extensive as it dies affect the cervix and it's dilation ability.

My advice is to find out how spread put it is and go from there.

Yes I work in the field.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (17-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info!
    I actually got my result and a colposcopy done before I fell pregnant and was booked in for the LLETZ procedure. They said the lesion was posterior so not sure how that will effect it.
    Falling pregnant was really unexpected since I have Endo and PCOS!
    Guess I'll just have to wait and see what my OB says.