+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have bub in between dad and mum at times (after breastfeeding on that side) but baby is always up against me with my arm up. and there is a gap before dh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had DD between DH and I also. I lay on my side and kind of spoon her I guess. Sounds odd when said out loud but I don't roll and with my upper and lower body protecting DH from rolling I feel it's safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    At the moment we're trying not to bedshare because princess is so so tiny and I'm aware of how sleep deprived I am. I don't think I could roll on her, I'm SO aware of her if she's in the bed, but then I don't get quality sleep because Im checking her (and glancing at the clock!) about every half hour.

But we have -

Firm mattress
    No extra pillows
    Blankets get kicked off when she's in the bed
    She sleeps on her back
    I breast feed
    We don't drink, smoke, take drugs or any drowsy meds.
    I'm probably obese by the BMI but I have birth 8 days ago, I'm sure I'm 'allowed' to be.

AND for added insurance against SIDS (as opposed to suffocation) She has a breathing monitor attached to her nappy. because I know very well bubbas sleeping safely can still stop breathing no matter how safe their sleeping space is.
    omg .... it's been so long already.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, glad to know I am not the only one with bub in between & I do feel 100% safe and DH is loving cosleeping too

Should I be wrapping bub? Or just leaving in pjs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Thanks, glad to know I am not the only one with bub in between & I do feel 100% safe and DH is loving cosleeping too

Should I be wrapping bub? Or just leaving in pjs
    Would be interested to hear who cosleeps and wraps bub? Also does anyone use sleepywings?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used sleepy wings and love me wraps on DD without any issues. Just this week I've started her on sleeping bags with the wings at first and now without. I vaguely remember being told once she's rolling she couldn't be in those and she's close to rolling. I could be wrong on that last sentence to, it was just always in the back of my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Yes I had to stop using sleepy wings once my bub started rolling in his sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thanks! Did you use the sleepywings with bubs arms up while cosleeping?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did yep. From birth DD liked her arms up. She hated being swaddled. The love me wraps are great also. I used to alternate between 2 of them and 1 set of sleepy wings with the washing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We co sleep on a firm mattress with our 3 month old baby either between us or on my side. It makes breastfeeding a lot easier as he just latches on and sucks and falls back to sleep. I barely wake up when he attaches. Hes gaining weight and is a really settled baby. We started this in hospital when on one accassion we couldnt settle him. We put him into bed with me and he settled straight away. We all sleep well - it's great.

It feels so good to write this. At mothers group last week they were talking about settling their babes in their cots and what they do. Co sleeping is not viewed highly by some people so I didnt say that we co - slept.

We did it with our 12 year old daughter who is a confident and very secure person...which I think co - sleeping contributed to.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Janey2603 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (03-07-2012)