+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Smile View Post
    Hi
    I just hired a travel system.
    $200 for 6mths compared to $6-800 for them brand new.
    Fantastic, seeing as they are only really of use for the first 6mths anyway.

By the time the 6mths is up, baby will be big enough to go into the car seat DS1 is now using, and DS1 will be big enough for a booster seat so it has worked out really well for us.
    I opted to hire the full travel system as I plan on getting out of the house a lot. With MIL coming over to stay, I want her to have a holiday as well as helping us out. The pram (see below) I have would probably not be so suitable for a newborn but by 6 mths it'll be perfect.

In regards to a pram, I just bought one of those Holiday strollers from Big W.
    The last one I had lasted 4 yrs and got me out and about all over the city, all over holidays in Perth (twice with lots and lots of walking everyday)
    The only reason I needed a new one was that I just couldn't clean it any more.
    A great bargain.
    Are you just talking about the capsule? They are only a few hundred I thought? Our Safe N Sound was $230 I think...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybloom View Post
    I have a 3 week old now and I dont have one and dont need one. Unless you are going to perade around town several times a day then its not worth it.
    I'm not sure why someone with a travel system is any more or less likely to "perade around town" than someone with a normal stroller?

I guess by "perade" you mean... parade and this includes:
    - going to the supermarket to buy food for your family
    - being able to take your baby to places to go for nice walks and fresh air
    - going to doctors/midwife appointments
    - weighing your baby regularly at the childhood centre
    - meeting up with other mums for support and child interaction
    - taking your other children to kindy/school daily
    - going to buy baby clothes as they grow out of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sweetseven. Are you for real? You used to take the whole car seat out of the car and carry it on your back?! Or put it in a trolley! That's crazy!

I'm so glad I had a neat little capsule to pop on a pram when I needed to. I agree, it is no different than having bubs in a bouncer for a couple of hours in regards to "it being bad for their back".

My df's chiro has used them for three of his children and has no problem with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Are you just talking about the capsule? They are only a few hundred I thought? Our Safe N Sound was $230 I think...
    No, that's for the capsule and the pram combined.
    The cheapest I found was almost $500 for both.
    We're not having any more babies after this one, so I didn't want to fork out that money only to have to sell it again in a few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Aha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the great feedback everyone. I'm leaning towards the travel system after reading all the positive replies. It's such a shame that the Emmaljunga travel system is not available/allowed in Australia, as I love the Nitro City pram. I'll need to keep looking for something that allows a capsule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the city select travel system and I'm so glad I got it.

I think it has been more worthwhile for me as I had to do daycare drop off and pick up for toddler DS and I'm always on the go in and out of the car.

DD is 7 months and still fits in to the capsule - yes it is really heavy but I click it straight on to the pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a jogger for my 3rd child after having four wheeler prams for my previous children, worst purchase EVER! It was unstable, bulky, it was a pain in the bum trying to wheel it through aisles without either me or someone else needing to back out and let through, and forget about specialty shops! There was just no room. For my last child I just end up going back to a pram. I think the lesson here is keep it simple

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have the chicco cortina travel system and I loved it. So easy to transport bub when sleeping, capsule can also be used as a rocker and it's also a fab toddler pram - drink holders, toddler tray, storage, very comfortable. There are heaps of great features to it. I really do love it and was thankful I purchased it. I still use it on occasion for DS (3yo) but now I'm pregnant again I'll be using it for baby number 2.