+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely LOVE having a travel system. For me it has given me brilliant flexibility to be able to go out and do what I need to with minimum disruption to my bubs. Why wake up a sleeping baby to transfer in and out of the car?

I have a maxi cosi mico and mammas and pappas sola frame which means I have the option of using as a stroller which is suitable from birth to toddler, or using the maxi cosi car seat clipped into the frame which I am still using and he is 6 mo (obviously the length of use depends on the size of your baby).

When he was a newborn I would pop him in just before he was due for a sleep and then be able to go out and not worry about disturbing him. I could get him nice and comfy in the comfort of our home, and if he was still asleep when we got back bring him back inside until he was ready to wake up. A short trip to the shops is difficult enough when you first have a baby, so for me the travel system made it much easier.

The first time I attended mothers group loads of people had the bassinets and many commented on how great my travel system was and wished they had one.

Of course, if you don't think you will use the car much then it isn't worth it, so this does depend on where you live.

Oh and about it "not being good for their back", as long as you don't have them in it for more than a few hours then I don't see why it is a problem. It's no different to having a baby in a swing or bouncer chair and many people sleep their babies in those.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never had a travel system, and thought it seemed like a nice gimmick, but not worth the trouble.

I used a reversable carseat, and if bub was asleep when I went shopping, I took the whole carseat out and put it across the top of the trolley.

In other instances, such as when walking my older child to prep or going to watch a swimming lesson, I simply carried the carseat the short distance. It was a bit bulky and unwieldy, but okay for small distances.

And when my car broke down, and I had to walk (about 2km) to the train station to get home, I found I was able to sling the carseat over my back and hold onto the anchor strap. It was rather uncomfortable and not something I would choose to do, but it was sufficient for the emercency.

In those two latter occasions, a travel system would've been preferable, but I didn't see it as enough of an advantage. (Actually in the last, I still would've needed to have carried the base part that fits into the car, because I needed the whole seat to put into the car at home.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had (have) the Strider Plus travel system, and I LOVED it. I was devastated when DD outgrew her capsule!

I found it so handy for transferring a sleeping baby to / from the car without disruption. It was also perfect for going out places (e.g., coffee shop), as DD could sit in the capsule, and I didn't need to take a whole pram in - I could just carry the capsule part.

That capsule only went to 9kg, but it was a long time before she hit that (can't remember exactly, but it was a lot more than 6mths). I'll definitely use it again for the next baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 3 week old now and I dont have one and dont need one. Unless you are going to perade around town several times a day then its not worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have/had a safety first travel system.

Yes my DD grew about of it at 6 months, but those were the easiest six months ever!! We used the pram every weekend as my hubby plays football, so we were out and about with it all the time.
    I was Devo when she did grow out of it, and am even more Devo that I won't be able to use it with number 2 cause there's only 14 months between them and I'll be using a tandem prAm.
    But it will hopefully be back in use for #3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    had one for my last baby only and omg it was awesome. its a luxury obviously not a need. but in my opinion was so worth it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    i didnt have one for my first and didnt miss it but had a capsule and pram (hi-pod brand so pretty cheap) for DD2 and it was great for when dropping DD1 at daycare and other activities like swimming and ballet.

i used the hi-pod pram and capsule for quick outings but also had a buggaboo camealeon for long walks and big outings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We loved our revel system and it was the best thing we bought. I never found it to heavy and dd was in her strider capsule until 8 or 9months and her hipod capsule until 12months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I have the strider plus pram and got the capsule to go with it. My DS is 10 weeks old and I will be so sad when he outgrows the capsule!!!

It's been great to be able to not disturb him while sleeping when we are out and about as I can just click it into the pram or carry him inside. It must be really comfy as he almost always falls asleep when we are out. The capsule has also been good when round at friends as it also doubles as a rocker when you sit it on the ground with the handle up.

It's just made life so much easier and I think if I didn't have it I wouldn't have ventured out as often in the early days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi
    I just hired a travel system.
    $200 for 6mths compared to $6-800 for them brand new.
    Fantastic, seeing as they are only really of use for the first 6mths anyway.

By the time the 6mths is up, baby will be big enough to go into the car seat DS1 is now using, and DS1 will be big enough for a booster seat so it has worked out really well for us.
    I opted to hire the full travel system as I plan on getting out of the house a lot. With MIL coming over to stay, I want her to have a holiday as well as helping us out. The pram (see below) I have would probably not be so suitable for a newborn but by 6 mths it'll be perfect.

In regards to a pram, I just bought one of those Holiday strollers from Big W.
    The last one I had lasted 4 yrs and got me out and about all over the city, all over holidays in Perth (twice with lots and lots of walking everyday)
    The only reason I needed a new one was that I just couldn't clean it any more.
    A great bargain.