+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child care waiting lists

hi,

I'm having my first child in August this year. I will only be able to stay at home for the first 6 months as my partner and I need both of our incomes to cover the mortgage.

Can anyone tell me how long it generally takes to get a place 3 or 4 days a week in long day care? When should I start planning and organizing this?

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am due in July and going back in June and my name is already down for the child care centre I want....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally depends where you live and what centre you want to go to. I only had to wait 2 months to get 3 days a week in nursery but didnt get a choice of days. I just kept calling, most centres have a huge waitlist but a lot of the names on there already have care by the time they get called up, so just keep calling and get your name bumped up the list.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now!! Our bub is due July and I organised daycare last week, I was told that there were 49 kids before mine on the list. And that's to start in January at 6 months of age. Get bub down at a few places.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in long day care we have family waiting 12 to 24 mths depending on the number of children they want care for and the days. If you know a centre you would like care with I suggest it's never too early to put your edd and name tbc down on a waiting list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootch View Post
    I work in long day care we have family waiting 12 to 24 mths depending on the number of children they want care for and the days. If you know a centre you would like care with I suggest it's never too early to put your edd and name tbc down on a waiting list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, I work in childcare, too, and got lucky because the day I decided to return to work was the same day a new centre was open to take the very first enrollments. The centre had just been built and even getting there half an hour after they opened for enrollments I could only secure 2 days/week. So yes, get in quick. I'm now a sahm because dd hit school age and there was no care for her.