+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Steam mop recommendations please :)

Hi all, our tiled floors are in desperate need of a very good clean...we have a pooch that insists on bringing half the garden in with her! So I was wondering what steam mops people have? Love them? Hate them? Etc...

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Monster steam mop. I absolutely love it. Most of my house is tiled and I have white grout and they come up beautiful every time. My floors get filthy from my dogs too but it does a great job. It's also got a different pad and clip thing so you can steam carpet as well and has got rid of quite a few marks on the carpet before they could become stains

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Talz For This Useful Post:

Pixie83  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is probably too late but I just stumbled across your question. I bought a Kelvinator (I think that's what it was, it was yellow and big if that helps...) and it died in a year, as did my friend's. It was meant to be the best but wasn't! So now I have a h2o one off the tv because another friend recommended it and I find it really good on my tiles. I vacuum first and use rain water in it to prevent any streaks and it's good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just seen this thread too. I have a Kenwood 2000 steam mop and LOVE IT!!! Best investment ever. Seriously. My old dog drools and drips around on our tiled and wooden floors. I vacuum first and then a quick mop. On sale, I paid about $80 for my mop (from Retravision). I reckon I saved that in one year already just not buying detergents or anything. Floors dry amazingly quickly (on hot days I struggle to see where I have mopped, but can feel the heat in the floor), with no streaks or anything. Works great on my paited concrete out the back where we feed the dog too (although I mop v-e-r-y slowly so that the dirt and doggy dust/slobber/food bits, etc are really lifted off). The best thing it did was remove the oil caking the floor under the stove in a new rental property (the agent couldn't believe I got that clean), and lift a wax crayon that mad melted into the wooden floor boards. Good luck if you purchase one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    H2O X5.

Ive only had mine for a few weeks and it is amazing!! I love it. And the Vax it comes with is surprisingly strong. Both are really light and easy to use. I have timber and lino.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is fantastic!!! I love it so much, no more hassles with mops and chemicals. I bought mine from the Good Guys about a year ago. It was roughly $200. It's a Bissell Steam Mop Max.