+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    What does a $lut look like?

Ohhh you dont know?

well..you know how you see guys walking around in just jeans...and no shirt.. and all the girls admire them and call them hot.. and admire how proud they are of their bodies?

well a $lut is the same really...except all the boys and girls look at her and think...dirty...asking for it.. with no respect for their bodies.
    Last edited by Ishtyban; 16-03-2012 at 21:47.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Benji  (18-03-2012),FloatingFairy  (18-03-2012),Guest654  (18-03-2012),headoverfeet  (16-03-2012),Janesmum123  (18-03-2012),misskittyfantastico  (16-03-2012),Witwicky  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    This wise woman says it better than I ever could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXH2K7OC37s

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    Ohhh you dont know?

well..you know how you see guys walking around in just jeans...and no shirt.. and all the girls admire them and call them hot.. and admire how proud they are of their bodies?

well a $lut is the same really...except all the boys and girls look at her and think...dirty...asking for it.. with no respect for their bodies.
    Those guys are called douche bags.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (18-03-2012),SassyMummy  (18-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or w@nk3rs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you can still show off your body by dressing like a lady. There's no need for really short skirts or even those *** shorts girls wear these days with a little bra. I have so many friends who where those shorts with a bra and it's to show of their bodies. It's rubbish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That goes for guys as well. I don't give a rats a** if they've spent 10 years at the gym to get their perfect six pack, I don't want to see them without their shirt on. We have clothes for a reason.
    I think at the end of the day people will always be judged. Too fat, too skinny, too slutty, too boring etc.
    I had a lot of guy friends and whenever they'd see a girl wearing revealing clothes, they'd always see her as being "easy." I didn't want people thinking I was easy or anything like that. I didn't want guys thinking they could get something out of me because of the way I was dressed. Yes, it's sad that people think this way, but nobody can change that.
    I also had an older brother and he knew that guys think with their d***s. If I wore something revealing, he'd probably cut my head off. Don't get me wrong, I still worse tight dresses and short skirts when I was going out to a party but if I was showing leg, then I'd cover up my boobs. If I was showing some cleavage, I'd cover up my legs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The problem with that is that it's not women that dress like sl*ts that get raped. Women wearing track suits get raped Women wearing ankle length skirts and polo necks get raped. Women wearing jeans get raped. Women wearing hijabs get raped.

The problem with this sl*t shaming culture is that it excuses the rapist - as much as everyone says the victim isn't to blame, it's in the cultural conciousness that 'good girls' don't get raped. So if you were raped, you were bad, right? You must have done something. You must have worn something wrong or said something. You must have been out too late. You must have talked to him in the wrong way. You must have made him want to.

It's a line of thought that simply needs to end.

Rapists rape. Regardless of what the victim does, wears or says.
    This is so true, this is so ingrained into people and was for me too. It took a few months of a counselor speaking to me for me to finally realize that it was not something I did or say or wore (I was in baggy jeans and a t shirt in my own home) that cause this to happen, I went months racking my brain trying to figure out how I caused it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and please don't think I'm saying that clothes are the reason women are raped. I don't think that at all. I was almost raped by a man in his 40's when I was only 5 years old. What a person wear is not the reason for something like that to happen.
    It's because of a sick and twisted individual who needs a sense of power.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Call me a prude if you like, but I don't want to see @rse cheeks hanging out from the bottom of girls shorts. I am also as uninterested in looking at a guy without a shirt on. In fact, just wear enough to cover up yer bits, with nothing hanging out and I'm pretty happy with that.

I don't think it matters what a man or woman wears when it comes to rape. If a person has that in their mind and their intent then I don't think they care what the person is or isn't wearing.

However, I am very keen to teach my girls about self protective behaviours for when they are young adults and going out without a chaperone. Stay in a group, don't let your friends go home with someone if they are blind drunk, don't get blind drunk in a public place without having someone there to look out for you, and wear clothes that are appropriate and cover up your bits. For example, of course they will be able to wear mini skirts, but don't wear a g-string with that. Instead wear a boyleg or brief style knicker etc.

Not because I think drunk girls or girls on their own are "asking for it", but because I believe in minimising risk. No. It doesn't always work. I truly know that. But if I can HELP to protect my girls by teaching them self-protective behaviours, then who knows? Maybe I can shield them from what I went through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MamaC, you said it perfectly. I suck at wording things. Thank you.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (18-03-2012),share a book  (18-03-2012)