+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I always let people know of any sign of sickness so that they can cancel if they wish. If its gastro then it's an automatic cancel. It annoys me no end when people knowingly bring their clearly sick kids over, it is so unfair to the sick kids, my kids and my poor health. Gastro can put me in hospital in a flash so I would be especially livid if someone came over having that. Wouldn't end a friendship over it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, of course. How rude to not tell you her baby had gastro and then end the friendship because you were annoyed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it matters enough to end a friendship over it I would tell friends definitely though but I've never had to as DS has never really been sick. On the other hand, we've been around other sick bubs without prior notice and it hasn't bothered me - prob helps that we didn't catch anything though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just to be clear I didn't end the friendship, she did! I just wanted her to know that I wanted to be told in future whenever one of them is sick. If she had said 'sorry, I'll make sure I tell you next time' then I would have been fine with it! I have always told her if one of my kids were sick and she has stayed away, or told me she didn't want me to come out and I respected her decision. If we were at her house and one of my kids coughed or sneezed she'd ask if they were sick and look all concerned for her baby.
    She is the one that came back and said that the friend she once knew wouldn't do that to a friend and that she no longer wanted to be friends and told me to never contact her again.
    I was gobsmacked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think she us severely overreaxting & abit selfish for thinking her bub comes abive youts, of course to her the bub does but in reality its all equal and should work both ways. I always mentiin beforehand if my ds is sick or coming n with something so people can cancel.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will always let people know because I would like them to do the same for me so I can decide if I still want to go or not. I think what your (ex) friend did to be very inconsiderate, rude and selfish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am anal about telling people of either of mine are sick with a cold, cough or whatever... And if a friend didn't tell me her child was sick prior to meeting I would be peeved.

All children react differently to illness and a snotty nose and cold in one child can be severe in another. That said I don't wrap my children in cotton wool but I avoid direct contact with sick people where possible.

Perhaps your friend was embarrassed at being so thoughtless? Gastro is the worse thing to pass around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always tell people.

I often cancel as i dont want to make others peoples kids sick.

But gastro...omg i wait 48 hours after the last vomit and I still warn people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had to postpone my daughters first birthday party because she was sick....it was a total pita...but, i could not go ahead knowing that there was a high chance she would make others ill, especially as i had 8 other babies coming.

I think your friend has over reacted and it is probably because she has had lots of similar calls/emails.

It might be cause you were reluctant to go though...then were late and then complained?

i hope your friend comes to her senses and apologises

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I always inform, always always.

Even for sniffles and a cough!