+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Similar story--We're not going to a function tomorrow cause i found out (accidentally, i wasn't told by the parents) that one of the kids going has croup, & I don't want my newborn (2weeks) exposed to it--and I was told I was being an over reacting first time mum! People are so annoying....

I think your friend should have told you for sure, and her reaction is ridiculous--surely she would understand that you don't want your kids to get sick!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For gastro or something like that yes for sure! Other things maybe not, like non contagious things!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was going to only take 2 of my kiddies to meet up with a friend last weekend due to a few snotty noses... but she rang me to tell me that hers had colds too. We both decided it was ok for them all to be snotty together .

Doesn't hurt to simply make a call... I'm sure your gift could be posted .

& to end such a long friendship over it!? Well... thats's a whole other thread really .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexta For This Useful Post:

Areca  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Absolutely and i appreciate if others let me know about illnesses also.
    For gastro i wouldn't go out or let anyone near us until a few days of being well again, if i had something planned i would cancel.
    For more minor things like colds i would let anyone i was meeting know so they could decide if they still wanted to see us or not.

I would be fuming if i meet up with someone and discovered they had gastro - this happened to me once (their child had gastro) and i was really upset that i was put in that position. I think it is common courtesy to stay away from others when you are very ill (unless unavoidable) and to let others know about illnesses.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Areca  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I sure do. I think its quite rude not to let people know you have gastro floating around as its such a horrible thing to get.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Areca  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I do, especially with something like gastro. I even tell friends if my kids are a bit snotty before we catch up. Gastro is a no brainer to me - it's so contagious and so horrible.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Areca  (16-03-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Of course I do

12. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Areca  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at a wedding the day before my due date and one of the kids there had gastro. Needless to say a great deal of the wedding caught it, including me. Wasn't happy when I found out that someone had brought their child along knowing they were sick, especially considering as a result I ended up in hospital on a drip due to chronic dehydration! I would be even less impressed if I had a chd who caught it.
    But yep, I tell people if my ds is sniffly ir unwell or out of sorts. If I think he is getting sick I keep him away from other kids, coz really, its the worst seeing our babies unwell.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peanuthead For This Useful Post:

Areca  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    YES!! I am forever taking DD to friends houses only to find the kids are sick!!! It's so RUDE!!! It makes me wild

16. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Areca  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad I'm not alone. I don't understand why she's making out like I'm such a cow in all of this. Probably due to her own guilt of being so selfish but really all I wanted was to make sure that it never happened again! I was very polite, just explained that gastro through a house of 5 people writes off the whole week and that it's awful to have. I'm at uni, DH is in over his head with work and runs his own business so there's no such thing as sick days and no one can do his job.
    DD1 missed two days of school and even though I'm sure DD2 was faking a sore tummy on Wed I kept her home from pre-school just in case. I have missed a much needed study day, have cancelled plans for tomorrow and Sunday that all effect other people and if my mum gets sick I'll miss both my lectures and a tutorial on Mon cause I'll have no one to look after the kids. I thought my mum was safe because no one had been sick for over 48 hours and I'd cleaned the house from top to bottom.

If she had a cold I wouldn't have cared. Even as little babies people with a cold I'd just tell them to keep their distance from my babies.

There were other babies and elderly people at this Christening. I know we're not the only ones to get sick and I imagine a lot did because the baby got passed around like a football (and we didn't even touch her). I understand that they probably didn't want to cancel the Christening but at the very least let people make up their own mind. I even rang and spoke to them a couple of hours before the Christening so they had no excuse to not tell us really.