+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default late period but negative test

Hi,

My period has never been regular except when I was on the pill. I haven't been on the pill for quite some time and I'm currently 21 days late. I have been late before but I don't think I've ever been this late. I don't really have any symptoms except for the occasional slight nausea (which is normal for me anyway). I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative.

Is it possible the home test gave a false negative or is that fairly unlikely given that I'm already 3 weeks late and have no symptoms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi alisone.

I think maybe a trip to the Dr & some blood tests might be a good idea

Welcome to Bubhub!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Still waiting...

Well it looks like I've missed that period altogether. I was meant to get the next one today but no sight of it yet. I'm going to take another test tmrw morning. Getting nervous now because I'm not actually ttc. Wish me luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default And the result is...

Well I just took the second test and it's positively negative! Which makes me worry about why I still haven't got my period (though maybe its the worry itself?). I have also had slightly sore boobs (which I don't usually have before AF but the last couple of AFs I did) and some nausea on and off but I guess maybe its psychological. I think it's time to book a doctors appointment for an opinion on just what is going on. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I have had some intermittent tummy pain too, which sometimes feels like its in my ovaries. I don't usually get any pain with or before my period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    I use to take birth control to regulate my cycle as well. When I stopped taking it trying to concieve my son, it was always very unpredictable. I would start having 'pregnancy symptoms', slight breast tenderness, my tummy looked kind of swollen and some nausea every month for the 8 months it took us to concieve. But everytime I took a negative test all the symptoms would disappear and I would start the very next day! So it could all be in your head like it was for me. And yes all the worrying can definately stress you out and make you miss your period. Hope that helps ease your mind! Good luck

Sent from my Vortex using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Dezzy, it's good to know I'm not totally crazy. I did miss that one altogether and I'm now 4 days overdue for my next period. Waiting impatiently but trying not to let it play in my mind. I've booked a doctors appointment but can't get in for another week. Fingers crossed AF arrives before then, otherwise hopefully the doctor can figure out what's going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too have just missed my period, well i'm now 12 days late. I have never missed my period, although it has come late before esp since coming off the pill. I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests and been to the dr for a blood test, but I just can't stop thinking about it. I have a weird feeling in my tummy which I have never had before. I'm not sure if its me worrying?? any advice??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pumkin, your probably just worrying yourself, our minds and stress will do crazy things to our bodies... its been a while since you posted this, how are things now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alison
    How has everything been since your last post update? Hope all is well!