+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default We're moving!!

So it is only 20minutes away from where I am now, But I have been in the same area my whole life, I'm used to being here, used to having my family all within 2minutes drive of me. I'm actually kinda scared, but excited!

We are moving to Ormeau, DP's cousin is allowing us to sign a 5yr+ lease in his house, cheap rent and the house is gorgeous, very roomy and the location is great. Thing is, I know nothing about the area! I need a daycare for my boys and my eldest will start prep next year, so if anyone has adivce on the best daycares/schools and anything else interesting that happens in the area, that would be great! Also hope to make friends with a few of you ladies once we make the move!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi welcome to Ormeau, it can be a little daunting moving to a new area I have lived here 3 years now n still haven't met anyone :-/ I do know Ormeau has a BBQ once a month to welcome new ppl n to meet ppl (I haven't gone) I currently have no kids but am expecting In sept so I am hoping to meet some new friends with kids :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With daycares it will be a matter of what you can get into - there is a real shortage of spaces here. The best reputed seems to be the Leapfrog next to Norfolk Village School, but haven't heard anything bad about the others.
    We use Norfolk Village School - my boy is at prep this year and loves it. The schools is big but seems good.
    Good luck moving. I aren't on here very much so if you want more info just pm - we only moved in Jan this year but have settled quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, we're in Ormeau and we love it. I'm about to put DS into the daycare at Livingstone College and I went to have a look the other day and it is very nice. Norfolk Village primary is meant to be a really good state school and Ormeau woods high school is one of the best state schools in the area.
    You're lucky to be getting a nice house for cheap rent, wish we had connections like that!