+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not at all - unless they try to push their religion upon people, then I have a problem. Otherwise, no

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaxo View Post
    Not at all - unless they try to push their religion upon people, then I have a problem. Otherwise, no

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub
    Perfect answer! Same here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven Eleven View Post
    Perfect answer! Same here.
    Same here. I believe in all matters spiritual... But I don't expect other people to believe nor do I expect them to listen unless they want too

In saying that I have strictly religious friends. But in regards to certain things I feel sorry that their religions restrict their views in which they are "allowed" to feel they can have without prosecution of the all mighty...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Yes. I'm sure the members of the Westboro Baptist church can be quite lovely but knowing what they all believe, I would absolutely judge a person if they told me they were a member and would be unwilling to spend any more time around them. Which is just as well as I doubt they'd want to spend time with me and my flamboyantly gay mates.
    I lmao at that

Thanks
    Reviews
    A little. I instantly feel a disconnect from very religious ppl, like I can't relate because they view things through a religious veil that I, being an atheist, do not.

I feel like they are generally very conservative because I am not, I feel uncomfortably aware of my language and opinions.

In saying that, I don't have a single friend who is a practising religious person, so don't have this issue very much.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't say it effects my opinion of them. It would change how I see them as a person, just as finding out any important bit of info about someone does. It'd be the same if I found out someone has a disability, or used to be a different sex, or is passionate about animal rights. I wouldn't judge them but i would think 'ok now i have a different understanding of your view/reality.'

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by breakthemould View Post
    A little. I instantly feel a disconnect from very religious ppl, like I can't relate because they view things through a religious veil that I, being an atheist, do not.

I feel like they are generally very conservative because I am not, I feel uncomfortably aware of my language and opinions.

In saying that, I don't have a single friend who is a practising religious person, so don't have this issue very much.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    If u gave us half a chance u would find we're as normal as the next person. Btw I'm a practicing religious person (hardly makes me a nun tho). Religion doesn't come into everything we do u know. if I was to only have religious ppl as friends, I'd miss out on many great friendships.. But yea.. Each to their own

8. The Following User Says Thank You to brownsugar For This Useful Post:

breakthemould  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a Jew and always freak out when I meet a Muslim. I just presume they are bred to hate me. I mostly hide my belief system and just be me and then hope they will realise that what u see is what u get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    I dated a mormon once too. I was madly in love with him and we were together for two years. He ended up breaking up with me because I didn't convert (he never asked me to) and according to their "laws" they have to be married by the time they are 25 (he was 24).

I don't judge people by their religion at all, but if someone tells me they are a mormon I still feel that heartache and I resent that religion in a way.
    No where in the LDS religion does it say that they have to be married by the time they are 25. They marry for love not because they are turning 25. I was raised in the Latter Day Saints church and while I no longer go, I still have the beliefs I was raised with.