+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My cravings would change daily. I love those seafood sticks in all their processed goodness LOL. Quite partial to a battered sav also. I used to eat tinned asparagus soup like it was going out of fashion LOL. The urge hasn't struck this pg.

Lots of things I feel like eating but when I am actually ingesting it I want to vomit lol.

Have a silverside in the slow cooker for tea. We had it yesteerday forlunch and it was so bluddy yummy. Can't wait for dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Electric Rodeo and Tamtam

Best of luck with your scans this week both of you x

Re the cravings I've got a thing for tomatoes, fresh or in soup and yesterday couldn't get enough of milk which was odd as I went right off it with my DS. My super skinny healthy friend ate cream doughnuts every day when she was pg. I on the other hand can't stand the thought of anything sweet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, thought I would join here... recognise some of your names from TTC lists. For those who I haven't met, lost Lexie last year at 37 weeks due to nuchal cord accident. Am now 13wks 4days with this pregnancy and it has been VERY stressful. I had a threatened miscarriage at 5 wks 3 days and apart from 5 days, have been bleeding ever since . Strangely though, I am now used to the bleeding although wish that it would stop. I've had 5 scans so far - docs have been very worried, but bubs seems to be growing really well and doesn't seem affected by the it. I had my 12 week NT scan last week and we found out we're having a boy. I find out the risk results tomorrow at the follow up appt, but am guessing that as the docs haven't rung me, I'm not high risk . The doc suggested an amnio at 16 weeks due to the bleeding but my DP and I are not keen at all, and are happy with bubs above avg growth.
    I get extremely paranoid about losing bubs and have bought a doppler to listen to his heartbeat whenever I feel symptoms have disappeared. Luckily my boobs explode and increased 9 cup sizes last pregnancy, so as long as they're continually hurting, I feel reassured, lol, crazy isn't it?
    Anyway, am due 5th October, but will apparently be induced 2 weeks early, but it's going to be a VERY long pregnancy.
    I haven't read through all the posts yet, but will do tonight. How are you all getting through it without going insane and turning grey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi AngelLexiesMum, so sorry for your loss. It must be really hard being pg again without worrying yourself silly. So pleased all is progressing well and as you say, I'm sure the risk results must be ok or you'd have heard by now x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saz71 For This Useful Post:

Letoti  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, just read through and glad to see everyone else squeezes their boobs constantly, lol.
    Have had a totally different pregnancy this time too... had no m/s first time so that was not something I enjoyed this time (although it passed at about 9/10 wks so can't complain). I was totally exhausted last preg too and don't have that this one, although am now on thyroid medication, so that may be helping.
    Good luck to everyone who hasn't yet reached the 12/13 week mark yet - unfortunately it didn't have any reassurance for me as we lost our little girl so late, but I was hoping that this bleeding would magically stop - no such luck!
    I have started to feel bubs move though which is lovely, although of course on the scans when he was jumping all over the place I asked if that was normal to move that much. I hate that I instantly think the worst when I am usually a very optimistic person!!
    Thanks for the welcome Saz and welcome to Aust when you get here! (I worked in London for 3 years)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Angelexiemum. You are obviously an incredibly brave woman. I'm in awe. Seriously. I can understand to an extent your worry and anxiety but you seem to be doing so well. Congrats on this pregnancy. And welcome to the group.

As for cravings... I'm not really into sweet things either but I'm not usually. Though I would love some chocolate milk and I ate three scones for afternoon tea today (they were small! Hehe!).
    Cannot wait til Wednesday for our scan. It's in the morning quite early so I don't have to wait all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks AngelLexiesmum, how did you find the UK?

We got our perm residence visa in Nov but the house isn't on the market yet as we have some jobs to do and as Ive felt so lousy Ive not been much help lately! Even so houses aren't moving quickly here so we're not sure when we'll make the move. I'd set a target of Sept 2013 originally but now we're pg (we'd stopped ttc properly so this BFP was a bit of a surprise) I'm wondering whether we should try and move before baby arrives and try for Sept this year even if it means renting our UK house out.

Problem is we're meant to be flying to NZ and then onto Aus to activate the visa next month but how I'm feeling at the moment I'm dreading the flight. I did it in first tri with DS but didnt feel as sick.

If we want to change the flights to one way ones for Sept we'll have to do it sooner rather than later as cant afford 2 lots of air fares plus shipping costs!

Argh, decisions - anyone else feel incapable of making them when pg?!?
    Last edited by Saz71; 09-04-2012 at 19:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Angelexiemum. You are obviously an incredibly brave woman. I'm in awe. Seriously. I can understand to an extent your worry and anxiety but you seem to be doing so well. Congrats on this pregnancy. And welcome to the group.

As for cravings... I'm not really into sweet things either but I'm not usually. Though I would love some chocolate milk and I ate three scones for afternoon tea today (they were small! Hehe!).
    Cannot wait til Wednesday for our scan. It's in the morning quite early so I don't have to wait all day.
    Scones, yum. Now that's one sweet thing I'd quite fancy!

Weighed myself today and I've lost 3lbs since my BFP which is bizarre as I've eaten that many carbs it's untrue, my boobs have grown a cup size and my stomach is so bloated (constipated, sorry TMI!)

Maybe it's the no chocolate diet as I usually am a complete chocoholic !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm with u girls I've gone off the sweets and I love the savory... Hot chips is wat I want but I haven't given in yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldingOn View Post
    I'm with u girls I've gone off the sweets and I love the savory... Hot chips is wat I want but I haven't given in yet
    I had McDonalds twice last week