+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have various accounts that we both have access to.
    We don't "do" separate money, we both think its odd to have your own money in a relationship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a joint account and have never had a need to question what the other one spends

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have seperate accounts, only because i really can't be bothered going to the bank to open up a new joint account and to have to organise for all our direct debits to be changed. All the direct debits like the mortgage, insurances, bills and anything that needs to be paid via bpay come out of my account because i earn more and we use his pay from his account to cover food, petrol and anything else we use cash for. This might have to change when i start maternity leave in September.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have two joint accounts together. One for wages and bills and the other for savings.
    There is no "my money your money" in our relationship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All accounts (and all of our properties) are in DH's name, so not even joint. Everything to do with our company and family trust are in my name.

There is no separate money though. Which works well for me, as with no income that would kinda suck for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a joint account. We decided that there was no sense to have separate accounts when we married, but before that we had separate accounts. Kinda miss that freedom of not having to explain why I spent money at various places

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had separate for years then got a joint account when we bought our house and got an offset account.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For various reasons it took us ages to get to a place with our finances where we are both comfortable. I think we're there now, but things will have to change again when bub comes and I'm not working. We have a joint account which pays for mortgage/bills/food/house/cars/holidays, with a joint credit card. We also have the separate accounts we had before we bought a house, which is for our own "fun" money. We both get a certain amount a fortnight for fun, and the rest of our pay goes into the joint. He doesn't want to pay for my shoes and I don't want to pay for his computer games DH has his own credit card too but I'm hopeless with those so I just have my account with a Visa debit card so I can still buy stuff online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmmmmmm.........95% of our money is in DHs bank acct!

We used to have joint Accts, both pays went in and all bills/mortgage came out and leftovers sat there against there mortgage.

Then I stopped working, we bought another house and refinanced and as it is in DHs name, the offset acct is now in his name too. So all the mortgage/bills come out of his account.

We still have the old joint acct that dh keeps cashed up for me, but I don't actually have my own acct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Both.

Depends what it's for to which account it goes too.