+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our pays go into seperate accounts

We then each transfer money to our joint which is used for rent, bills, food etc

We also have a joint high interest savings account that our joint savings go into.

We also have one joint credit card.

And I have my own sperate credit card.

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Joint. In order for us to live together (before we got married) we had to be recognised "defacto" by the Navy so everything had to be joined... lease, accounts, furniture receipts, telephone bills & even a will.

Now we do have one separate account each but it is just an offset to our main joint account.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We have a joint account that my husband's wages go into, and our mortgage goes out of, but I also have my own account with a different bank that my wages go into and I pay most of the bills from that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will always keep separate accounts.
    Last edited by Stiflers Mom; 16-03-2012 at 12:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Separate day to day and savings accounts.

I am currently a SAHM, so DP transfers money for household costs/bills etc to my day to day account, and also splits our savings between our separate accounts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have both.

Joint account is DH's income which is used for the mortgage, bills, things around the house and most groceries. DH has a good income otherwise this wouldn't work and my wage would need to go to these items also.

My account is my income and I use it for day care, my expenses and whatever else I feel like. We often use my income for spur of the moment holidays, Christmas as I like to spend a lot of money then heh, and anything else fun or extra.

DH doesn't put much in his personal account and he prefers to see it go into our savings account.

I cannot remember the pin number for the joint account and if I do the food shopping etc I will always use my account.

I would hate to have only a joint account, I like the independence that comes with having my own account and income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by earthfairy View Post
    Joint. In order for us to live together (before we got married) we had to be recognised "defacto" by the Navy so everything had to be joined... lease, accounts, furniture receipts, telephone bills & even a will.
    Lol, same as above! Although not an actual will I was just changed to his next of kin contact.

Although its something we had done prior to applying for defacto, when we decided we would live together, it was agreed we would open a joint account and have our pays go into that account. We have another joint account that I transfer money into that our bills come out of and another joint savings account..

We dont have any seperate accounts... well, DH probably does, if the banks havent closed them on him, because he just got his direct debits & pay changed to the joint account and didnt close his old ones! but they dont get used.. and after 5 years the banks probably closed them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All joint accounts. I do have one in my name that my pay goes into, but it is linked to our joint account and our mortgage comes out of it, DH can view/access it online with all our other accounts. So although technically it is in my name it is linked to all out joint accounts, may as well be a joint account!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Joint accounts since we got a mortgage together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Joint.