+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post

How the heck do you fit it all in?

Do I need to be crunching on horse carrots like DS does all day lol.

Juice them!!! if you eat a bag of say 1kg carrots it would take say a good couple of hours for ur body to digest everything from proteins, vitamins to enzymes... Not to mention the impact on your liver! BUT if you juice that same bag of kg carrots your getting the nutrients, proteins and enzymes into your blood ****** really quickly plus the digestion takes like half hour! As a family we have a huge veggie juice every morning! My children sometimes have 1-2c i worked out that's 3 servings, my hubby has nearly a liter! It's just veggies with either grapes or an apple to sweeten! Getting enough nutrients from ur veggies makes you not crave sweet things and makes you stay full...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't really have the problem of craving sweet things. Although I do LOOOVE them, but I could go months without eating it.

I could do juices, although would create one heck of a mess and I've kinda been put off after my dad turned orange when we were having far too many carrot juices.

Do adore carrot + apple juice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think so?? I generally have 5 veg on my plate for dinner.

I suck at eating fruit - I don't dislike it, I just don't eat it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    So many non-fruity people!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure that the 2 serves of fruit would be necessary if you're eating more than 5 of veg??

I just eat it for the high fibre content, esp in pears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Some days i do, others i don't. I think overall my vegetable intake isn't too bad, could be better but i still eat a fair amount.
    My issue is fruit. I don't like the taste of most fruit and don't eat much of it at all, whereas i love vegetables so it is easy to eat them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I think so makes me feel so full of energy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just looking at my sandwich, I think even though it's a salad sandwich it's prob only got 1/2 serve of veg in it. A lot of people think that 5 types of vegetables = 5 serves but that's not it at all. If that were the case I'd have overloaded on vegetables!

Might have baked potato, skin on, covered in veges (and, of course, avocado) tonight. I think that might bump me up to 5 as one potato with skin on = 1 serve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i def dont eat enough veg or prob enough fruit either.
    ive always been a picky eater and thats carried on into adulthood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    So many non-fruity people!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure that the 2 serves of fruit would be necessary if you're eating more than 5 of veg??

I just eat it for the high fibre content, esp in pears.
    Yep I agree, fruit is great for fibre and vitamin C but broccoli contains almost as much vitamin C as a kiwi fruit does and avocado and legumes have tons of fibre

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Yep I agree, fruit is great for fibre and vitamin C but broccoli contains almost as much vitamin C as a kiwi fruit does and avocado and legumes have tons of fibre
    The reason I have trouble with getting enough veges is I count avocado as a fruit.

Is cucumber a fruit or a veg?

If those two things (as well as eggplant, tomato etc) are counted as veg I'd be more than fine getting my 2 + 5. It'd be more like 4 + 5