+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sooooo sick of doctors!!!!

I really love having babies. IF it wasnt for the doctors.... Grrrr....
    I am 30 years old, having my 3rd baby, and a psychology degree and they treat me like a freaking idiot!! Not only did I get 'the looks' straight away for having the last two so close (it just has to be an accident), not once have I seen any doctor twice in this pregnancy, and I am high risk, so I see the dr every two weeks and it is a different one every time. Every single one has a different opinion, none has time or actually anything to say. I hate hate hate the antenatal clinic. Last time I wanted my baby delivered at 37 weeks and they kept on trying to stretch me to 38.... And the only comment I got was 'well just call if he stops moving'. So I ended up inducing myself and tbh I am still shocked it has to get this far. Turned out my baby was born with a perfect timing reg his health but a mothers instinct and experience means nothing to them.
    So sick of them!! Vent over, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can imagine how frustrating it must be never seeing the same doctor. That's the screwed up public system for you! You could consider going private next time, then you can choose your doctor. Of course there is no guarantee they will agree with you either.

Out of interest, how did you induce yourself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, we are private now (just fell pregnant too quick lol) so finger's crossed that next time I will have ONE doctor, who actually knows me and doesn't start asking the same questions about my family's history over and over again.
    Lol, that actually went pretty well for me, though I can't 'blame' one method I tried castor oil but only had a good 'cleansing' lol, went for a goooood foot reflexology massage but my main suspects are the 1 litre raspberry tea that I had a day (very good for my bladder lol) and the clary sage oil. In fact, I rubbed my belly in every morning and evening for 3 days and had a bath in it every night and that was it, I went into labor. This time I hopefully won't have to as the medical reasons are prob leading to a c section at 37 weeks anyway, and I wouldn't go earlier anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can sympathise! I also have a hiGh risk pregnancy, never see the same Dr twice, and spend a lot more time waiting for the appt than I do in the appt! Going private really is the only way to not have this happen. Regardless of your level of knowledge, you are just a category to them. I am still trying to see a midwife, but was told it was not appropriate as they would not have enough knowledge to answer any questions I had. Pointed out the doc didn't take the time to answer them, so what difference would it make? Plus figured the midwives have probably seen a bit by now, so dismissing them was a bit ignorant ( as a nurse myself, found that comment pretty insulting!) unfortunately, I think we just have to grin and bear it, whilst chucking appropriate tantrums once in a while!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So true! In my antenatal brochure it even says they recommend that you organise a babysitter for your appointments... We dont have any family around and my appointments are every two weeks....
    And i agree, actually the most helpful hints I ever got were all from midwives (who i am not allowed to see either).