+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We started solids at 4 months and noticed a significant improvement. It was earlier than I had wanted to start, but DS was already on the max dose of Losec and was still having issues.

Like a pp said, suspension is supposedly more unstable. We found the tablets much better.

You may already be doing it, but other measures (upright after feed, angled cot and change table) also helped. With solids we also avoid or minimise onion and acidic foods as DS' reflux gets worse with those foods still at 13 months.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMama View Post
    We started solids at 4 months and noticed a significant improvement. It was earlier than I had wanted to start, but DS was already on the max dose of Losec and was still having issues.

Like a pp said, suspension is supposedly more unstable. We found the tablets much better.

You may already be doing it, but other measures (upright after feed, angled cot and change table) also helped. With solids we also avoid or minimise onion and acidic foods as DS' reflux gets worse with those foods still at 13 months.

Yup ds is two and still can't eat too much onion etc .. And pretty much avoids anything with tomato ... We make pasta sauce with puréed veggies and tomato base is just a killer for him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&MrMagoo View Post
    Yup ds is two and still can't eat too much onion etc .. And pretty much avoids anything with tomato ... We make pasta sauce with puréed veggies and tomato base is just a killer for him!
    Is he still on Losec? We've tried cutting down the dose unsuccessfully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Losec is a proton pump inhibitor- basically decreases acid production. its much better than an antacid.
    it was a life saver for us!! DD started on it at 3 months, at lowest dose compounded into suspension;i saw a response in 4 days but the effect wore off by end of 2nd week(the pharmacist did say suspension is unstable and usually loses effectiveness around 2weeks) and DDs reflux got worse! SO aed changed it to tablet (which i would disperse in water; i got a 5ml syringe ,put tablet in it and sucked up water,left it for 3,4min, GENTLY turn it up and down to disoerse the tab but dont shake it as it will break the granules and will loose efectiveness) and just squirt in DDs mouth..she responded in 3 days and was a different baby! she stayed on it 1 month and than weaned of and she's fine now.
    Oh and if you put the tablet in water just make sure you give it before the granules go black..it means it loses effect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bloody amazing stuff!!!! The person who invented it should be sainted! Both of my kids were on it for reflux (Dd from 3 months-12 months, and DS from 5 weeks-14 months). They were different children after taking it for a few days!