+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyMa View Post
    I'm the same munchkin

Einsteins definition of insanity - Doing he same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

By that definition I am certifiably insane. Autopsy results showed a perfectly healthy little girl who's heart stopped for no particular reason at around 24 weeks. Pregnancy was completely normal and I had no health issues. I only knew she was gone because there was no movement any more and the cat was overly nice to me - that cat frickin knows everything

My current strategy is to ignore it - yes I go to appointments and do the right thing health wise, but with hardly any ms I'm not thinking about it. Wasn't a conscious decision at first but working for me so far...
    I think I might have to try your strategy... It doesn't help that DH is off tomorrow morning working away for the week so my crying is out of control... Stupid hormones!!!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a tiny bit of brown spotting today so I went to the hospital and have had an ultrasound and things aren't good.
    They were unable to find a heartbeat and say I am measuring at 7+ 1 days when I should be at least 8 weeks.
    They said I could get a second opinion but I don't know if there is much point and they didn't really think there would be much point either.
    I have been booked in for a D&C tomorrow but I am not sure I want to go through with the surgery, I had misoprostol last time even though I was only measuring at 5+ 4 and it worked well for me.
    I'll spend the next couple of hours researching all my options and make a decision then.
    Best of luck to you all, I will probably drop off for a good while now or at least until the fog clears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
    I had a tiny bit of brown spotting today so I went to the hospital and have had an ultrasound and things aren't good.
    They were unable to find a heartbeat and say I am measuring at 7+ 1 days when I should be at least 8 weeks.
    They said I could get a second opinion but I don't know if there is much point and they didn't really think there would be much point either.
    I have been booked in for a D&C tomorrow but I am not sure I want to go through with the surgery, I had misoprostol last time even though I was only measuring at 5+ 4 and it worked well for me.
    I'll spend the next couple of hours researching all my options and make a decision then.
    Best of luck to you all, I will probably drop off for a good while now or at least until the fog clears.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this again.
    Rest up and look after yourself Hun...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Starryeyes I'm so sorry xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear starry, be gentle to yourself. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you guys don't mind me stalking your thread. My little girl was stillborn earlier in the year at 20 weeks and even though my husband and I would love another baby I am too scared to fall pregnant again just yet.....so I am following this thread in the hope of seeing some happy endings to get some encouragement.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Whoknows For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post
    I hope you guys don't mind me stalking your thread. My little girl was stillborn earlier in the year at 20 weeks and even though my husband and I would love another baby I am too scared to fall pregnant again just yet.....so I am following this thread in the hope of seeing some happy endings to get some encouragement.
    Whoknows it's a tough gig with anxiety and not knowing what's going to happen next, but we will get there!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munchkin859 For This Useful Post:

ButterflyMa  (18-08-2013),Whoknows  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post
    I still am scared! It's such a journey. But I guess I reached a point where wanting another baby trumped the fears. I had certain things that were important to me while TTCing, one being making sure that this baby's EDD didn't fall around Clem's due date or anniversary. You'll get there, it's always going to be scary, we all just have to take one day at a time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Whoknows  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your pregnancies!!! That's great news, and my fingers are you get your happy endings too .

I also want to say I'm sorry for what you're going through StarryEyes, and am thinking of you xx

I thought I'd add my experiences for those considering having another baby after a stillborn, or for those who are currently pregnant. We had a stillborn baby girl at 24 weeks in April 2011, then lost twins at 12 weeks in Sept 2011. I then went on to have a healthy baby boy in Aug 2012 - my rainbow baby.
    When we had lost our little girl, I spent hours online researching statistics, the chances of us having a live baby in the future, etc. Whilst it reassured me a little bit that there was a glimmer of hope, it still didn't ease my anxiety or concerns throughout the pregnancy. For me, the first 12-13 weeks were my worrisome weeks, where I constantly would check for blood when I went to the toilet thinking I may miscarry. Once I passed the first trimester, my anxiety eased a fair bit, and I also found out the gender to be a boy which also helped me separate that pregnancy from the one I lost. It also didn't help that I had an anterior placenta which despite being told I would feel movement come 26-28 weeks, I didn't feel movement right through to the birth. I invested in a really good doppler, and used it every 2-3 days just for peace of mind. I would also use my doppler prior to every appointment or ultrasound I had booked so as to avoid hearing the words "I'm sorry but there's no heartbeat" and having to experience that again. As I approached the 24 weeks mark when we lost our little girl, my anxiety returned, and I had more ultrasounds for peace of mind. I continued using my dopler and just took it one day at a time. I found the last 5-10 weeks the hardest in the whole pregnancy, where I was close to getting my much-wanted baby, but at the same time it seemed to far away and not guaranteed. It felt like something being dangled in front of my face but at the same time not obtainable at this point. It was hard. With me not feeling movement, I went in for monitoring quite a few times which was reassuring at the time but wouldn't last for long before my anxiety would return and I'd want to go back in again. I got to a day before my due date before I was induced, and the labour took all day. I had my moments of meltdowns during labour but found the hospital staff to be so supportive and encouraging, and they were very forthcoming with informing me of what was going on which helped a lot. I got my miracle baby, and he is such a blessing My husband and I then said no more, for physical & emotional reasons. Then I got pregnant again... this pregnancy I have found a lot harder, possibly because I'm carrying a little girl and I missed (and still do) holding her and seeing her grow and develop into the little girl I would have loved to have enjoyed here on earth. This pregnancy has been different to my rainbow son's one... I didn't really acknowledge or embrace I was pregnant until I was well into my second trimester, mainly for fear I'd lose her too. I used my doppler for peace of mind, and again just before appointments/ ultrasounds. I coped reasonably well (in my mind) up until the week before the 24 week mark and then it went to custard. My anxiety and stress returned and has worsened the further along I'm getting. On the upside, this bub is very active and her kicks are strong and reassuring, which has meant my doppler usage has dropped as the weeks have gone on. I'm now 32 weeks, and the end is so close again, yet so far. It hasn't been an easy journey, but I know after having my son that it is possible to have a healthy live baby after a stillborn. And I want to encourage you ladies, that it IS possible

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lorin4196 For This Useful Post:

ButterflyMa  (29-08-2013),Kirst33  (28-08-2013),Sim0  (20-10-2014),Whoknows  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing xox We need to know the sex for the same reason, although we would love to have a little girl - a boy means a whole new experience.

We had a **** weekend. Went to the ED with bleeding and was told by the dr we were in the early stages of miscarry... for about half an hour we grieved yet again for our baby. Then the OB double checked - cervix is closed and all is well! We were ecstatic! US the next day showed a healthy 12 wk baby, heartbeat and all.

Although now I'm getting really angry at the ER Dr who told us all was lost... And I think she gave me a cold