+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Pregnant after stillbirth, how did you cope?

Well thank you all for your words of encouragement. My baby girl was born on 27/10/2012, induced even earlier then planned due to reduced fetal movement. Born at a healthy 3280g and measuring 49cm, she's a very happy baby. All I can say is I didn't relax until I heard her cry and was able to see her eyes.
    To everyone out there who is going through the same thing, it is a very long road of constant worry but in most cases there is light at the end of the tunnel along with a healthy baby to finally bring home.....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsV For This Useful Post:

ButterflyMa  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is super awesome news MsV! how time flies and now you have a precious to hold finally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi MsV

So happy to read your baby girl was born healthy and safe. Do you mind me asking what your labor was like. I feel like I am so traumatized from mine that whenever we are blessed to have a baby again that I will be petrified through the whole labor that they baby will be dead and in turn this will make the whole process more painful and difficult. I don't really know why I am even worrying about it, we only lost our baby girl 3 weeks ago and I know it will be a while before I have a baby again. But I saw the post about being pregnant after a stillbirth and wanted to know what it was like. xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Pregnant after stillbirth, how did you cope?

Hi Kirst33

Firstly I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, it breaks my heart everytime I here of another little angel passing away.

Secondly sorry for getting back to you earlier, it's been a couple of hectic weeks with a new baby and all.

It's been a bit hard for me to completely open up about what happened it's still very fresh in my mind and heart, I guess it's something that I will eventually learn to live with.
    Hopefully I can help you with what I write so that you can go into a future pregnancy without too much fear, which isn't easy as you will know when the time comes.
    For me getting pregnant so soon after my loss was something I felt I needed to do, it was my way of starting my healing process. In no way was it to replace the baby I had lost, he will always be my baby boy, a little brother to DD1 and a big brother to DD2. I just felt in my heart that it was what I had to do.
    Everyone is different though and I can understand wanting to wait until you try again.

There wasn't much that changed in my last pregnancy I was classified high risk and on the advice of genetics counsellor to not go to 40 weeks let alone to 42.
    I was offered more appointments, tests and ultrasounds. I saw the same midwife throughout my pregnancy and saw an OB at 20, 34 and 36 weeks, again this worked for me they gave me that choice and I was comfortable with it.
    I saw the midwife monthly until 26 weeks then fortnightly until 36 then weekly until I was induced.
    I had an early dating scan after a small bleed they found a subchronic haemorrhage (not what you want to hear after a loss)
    At 12 weeks it was still there but was told it would resolve itself by 20 weeks which it did. I should mention I had no further bleeds after the first one which helped a lot.
    I had 3 more ultrasoundx after that 2 for peace of mind and one last one at 38 weeks to make sure baby was in a good position and lungs were developed.
    I did have some days of absolutely freaking out because of movements, but just as I was about to call the hospital she would go crazy for the next couple of hours. She was a big kicker and moved heaps which was very reassuring for me because DS was really quiet.

As I said above I booked in for an induction at 39 weeks, but at 38 + 2 I had a sharp stabbing pain accross the top of my belly it took my breath away, I rang the hospital and was told to moniter babys movements for the next couple of hours and if I was worried to go in. So after 4 hours I had only felt her nudge about 4-5 times, which wasn't like her, when she got moving she wouldn't stop. I tried to stay calm kept telling myself that she was fine. I made my way to the hospital with my bags just incase. I felt small nudges every now and then all the way to the hospital, it was like she was telling me she was all right and not to worry.

I was put on the moniters and bubs was fine after about 5 min she was jumping around like there was a disco in there. As the hour ticked by the midwife called in the OB on duty just to check bubs heartbeat on the moniter, there were slight inconsistencis in the heartbeat every now and then and given my history and the slowed down movements they decided it was best to induce me then and there.

(It's getting a bit late so I'll continue tomorrow, sorry)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MsV For This Useful Post:

Sim0  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah! You've left me hanging... I've just found out we're expecting after losing our first.. This is the only honest post I can find re pregnancy after stillbirth. Please finish? I'm not sure if I'm sick from nervousness or morning sickness :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread thank you!
    This thread gives me lots of hope,after having a stillbirth (34 weeks) a long time ago I finally decided to try again and I fell pregnant first try with baby number 2.
    Unfortunately, that ended in a miscarriage (7 weeks) in April and yesterday I found out that I am once again expecting.
    I am so very happy and I am trying to embrace and enjoy this journey and hope things finally go my way.
    I personally don't want to spend the next 8.5 months stressing so I will take baby steps...I am having a scan at 7 weeks so that will take care of one stress, then it's only 5 more weeks to the first safety barrier.
    10 weeks from then, I will get to the second safety barrier and a further 6 from there ( although not ideal at all) I know I will be at a proper safety barrier as in the baby can survive if for some reason I need to have him or her.
    I know that come 30 weeks, I will probably start to freak out a bit more and be paying very strict attention to what is going on...I may even try for another scan just to ease my mind.
    I also know that at the first sign of anything not seeming right I will be at the hospital and if I don't get any satisfactory answers I will push for an earlier delivery. Again I know it's not ideal but I am not fussed about my child being born a few weeks early so long as they are born alive...it's the only thing that matters.
    I don't think that anybody that has been through this can go through another pregnancy without feeling a bit anxious,but I do think we also should try to relax as much as we can and enjoy it.
    Here's hoping we both get there this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I'd update since I've commented before. I'm now 9w1d pregnant and absolutely petrified. Such an anxious time, it's really hard to let myself believe that I'll be able to bring this baby home. I decided to go privately so that I could have continuity of care with an OB and have chosen one that does a scan every appt and also allows me to come in and see his midwife for a scan whenever I'm anxious. So far I have seen him at 6 weeks and 8 weeks and I'm going in tomorrow morning for a quick scan with his midwife because yesterday I convinced myself that the baby has died and that at my next appointment there won't be a heartbeat. It's going to be a long 7 months!!

I am very eager to get to the stage where I can feel movement so that I can get a little reassuring kick whenever I start to get nervous! Right now I have horrible morning/all day sickness which I am trying to take as a positive that all is well because I wasn't sick at all last time.

Here's to very uneventful coming months for us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it's easy to say but try to relax, sadly the possibility of something going wrong is always going to be there and we know that all too well BUT every pregnancy is different and the odds are in all of our favour that this time will be different.
    Best of luck to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for sharing Kirst and Starryeyes - I like the goal blocking method and I'm trying to go with the flow, we're only 5 ish weeks but its hard to think about this one until our first baby's due date it's passed - 4 days to go...

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone going?
    I had my first scan today and nearly burst into tears when she said she could see JR and a heartbeat
    I was dated at 6 + 3 days whereas I had myself at 6 +5 or 6 + 6 so pretty close and have my 12 week scan booked in for early September.
    Baby steps to the next goal
    Hope you are all doing well