+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Karicare formula seprated

My DS is fond of having a pit of a rest while feeding he has about half has a 5-10min break and then gose back to it, today he has his half as norm but went to sleep and didnt finish the other half DH and i got busy with DS1 and about an hour DH asked me what had happened to the bottle, it had sepreated at the top of the liquid was the bulk of the formula and at the bottom was just water.
    does that mean the formula is bad? has anyone else had this issue with Karicare?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, I have had this issue since adding the thickener. It seems to separate but mixes back together when shaken. I just thought it was the thickener.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is just the strangest thing, I did give it a shake and it combined
    But I didn't trust it enough to give to DS as he seems to have my tummy problems and I don't want to add to that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you add thickener or use an AR formula ? I've noticed that its when it's cold last night DS didn't finish his night bottle and I just left it on the bench. It was cold last night and it separated. But on warmer nights if it's not finished it hasn't separated. It's a bit strange

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never had this problem.
    I used Katicare Goat with the Karicare thickening powder.
    This was about a year ago now when I use to use it, I know they have changed the packaging.. Do you know if they have changed ingredients in it since last year?

In the end Karicare was not good for my DDs tummy even after trying the Goat. I also breast fed and she was fine with that but any type of formula it was a nightmare!

In the end we put her in NAN HA gold and added the thickner to it and it was an amazing difference, but even with NAN HA and the food thickner I never had separation issues :-/

Did you check the use by on the tin at all?

Might be normal, but when I was using Karicare it never happened.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe give karicare a call, I've had to call them before and they are very helpful and even express posted me another tin of formula because mine didn't have a scoop in it even though I still had the scoop from my previous tin