+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Somebody help me!! Ear ache + plane trip on 2 days!!!

Ok so I'm heading to Sydney via plane on Saturday morning I woke up this morning with a killer ear ache
    Waiting for hubby to get home so I can get to the drs and get some serious antibiotics!

I have had an ear ache in the past when catching a plane and holy crap.. Felt like my ear was going to explode!!

So really I only have 2 days to try and get it to a bearable ache.
    Is there anything else I can take (along with antibiotics) to help?
    Ear drops? Natural remedies?
    Foods?
    I really want to kick this ear ache in the bum before my flight on Saturday.
    Any advise will be appreciated.

Ps, I always get ear infections, I have only ever tried antibiotics and they take a good 5 days to work :-o

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sudafed- the straight stuff, its located behind the counter of the chemist.

Just go to the chemist and advise you are travelling via plane. They will give you the once over questions to ensure your not a drug addict

I had horrible ears during my teens and flying alot, it was the only thing that helped.. they would never pop no matter how hard I yawned or stretched or blew my nose.

Just make sure it is compatable with your antibiotics, obviously

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ouch i often get ear infection too but luckily within 24-48hrs of anti-biotic i usually feel pretty good.

perhaps ask your dr for some pain killers aswell as antibiotics. there are also prescription ear drops you can get to help it along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MumDadBoyandGirl View Post
    Sudafed- the straight stuff, its located behind the counter of the chemist.

Just go to the chemist and advise you are travelling via plane. They will give you the once over questions to ensure your not a drug addict

I had horrible ears during my teens and flying alot, it was the only thing that helped.. they would never pop no matter how hard I yawned or stretched or blew my nose.

Just make sure it is compatable with your antibiotics, obviously
    Unfortunately I can't take sudafed.. I'm on prescription Duromine for weight loss and they both have the same active ingredient

I get migraines when I get my period and on my second month of duromine and went to take some sudafed but we had none left, luckily because when I went to the chemist to get some more she went to put it through and noticed in my notes I was on duromine and said no way lol

Instead I was given nurofen plus which was like eating an M&M.. Did nothing..

I will ask my dr if there is some type of painkiller/ de-congestant that is safe with duromine..
    Hopefully there is something. I would just stop taking the duromine until the ear ache goes but there's no point it lasts in your system for up to 73 hours.. Which will be cutting it close.

Daughter> 03/02/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try putting half an onion in a damp sock and heating it in the microwave. Tilt your head and hold it against your ear so the onion fumes can travel up into you ear canal. Soothes and disinfects.
    Works like a charm everytime, I swear it!