+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Does someone understand this? Needing help asap

Hi everyone,
    I'm doing 2 projects for my course.
    I'm a little stuck but am unable to contact my trainer as she is away sick today.
    Project 1:
    Set yourself a goal for improving the quality of your relationships with 3 people in your workplace. One should be your manager, one a member of your staff and one a co-worker.
    1.Establish some short term and long term objectives for building these relationships.
    2.Discuss the behaviours you will have to engage in to meet your goal with each of these people.
    3.How will you know when you have reached your goal?
    4.What personal strengths will you need to use to accomplish your goal?
    5.What are the barriers to you reaching your goal?
    Project 2:
    To a large degree, you are responsible for your own professional development. Explain what professional development means.
    How will you go about improving and increasing your skills levels in order to:
    ◦do your job better
    ◦improve your interaction with workmates
    ◦take on more responsibility
    ◦increase the skills and competencies you will need for future job roles
    I'm finding them a little difficult due to never worked before and not to sure on how i should be answering these questions.
    Am it is due tonight at 5.30PM.
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What course are you doing?

Can you make up a hypothetical work situation to apply it to? I can see how it could be tricky to answer if you aren't working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i would focus on finding practical exercises about communication, team building, finding 'win win' situations.
    look at your own personality traits (and what ones are barriers to the goal) and set short term and long term things you want to achieve with these 3 people.
    you could (i'm guessing) make up hypothetical people eg. my co-worker is really nice but she is always talking and interrupting my work so i tend to avoid her. find a short term goal (invite her out for coffee next week) and a long term goal (form a good working relationship where she doesn't disturb me) and how you would go about it.
    for professional development, think about what extra training you could do (extra courses, first aid, learning another language, getting a licence for a particular vehicle) and how you could improve your communication skills. a type of volunteer work related to the field you are studying is always good too.
    hope this helps!?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

sjay  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Have you been in the workforce before?

Try evaluating a previous managers position...

How could that manager improved their relationship with staff/coworker/manager
    What would you have tried to do to improve it
    What would you have expected to see if you're actions were working?