+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Evening Primrose Oil for induction??

I bought some eveing primrose oil tablets yesterday to start to take. They are 1000mg. How many should i be taking a day? Does anyone know?
    It says on the bottle 3 a day, but i dont know if its the same through pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps. Do you know if its better to break open the capsule and rub the oil on your cervix or if i should just make a pinhole in a capsule and insert the whole thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will try inserting the capsules tonight. Im in that much pain already and am just ready to have my little one here. So hopefully im close enough for it to ripen my cervix enough to put me into labour lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 40+3 I have been inserting EPO every night since 37 weeks. I have been putting 3 in (but 4 last night - wear a pad as it can get a bit messy). I just put them in whole as the capsule just dissolves. I had a stretch and sweep today and my midwife said I was 3-4cm dilated and she could stretch me to 5cm!!!!! She also said my cervix was amazingly soft and favourable. I am sooooo impressed with the EPO (so easy and seems to work well) I am hoping my baby comes tonight. Good luck!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    As many as you want. It won't cause any harm ingested.
    Unless you have a reaction like i did. I felt reall sick, weak and dizzy, and threw up several times after taking it/inserting it. It made me feel horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I guess that is always a risk when you eat something
    It happened when i inserted too. SO i stopped, the sickness stopped. Started again, the sickness started again. It wasnt nice.