View Poll Results: When do you mow/clean?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll

9 52.94%

0 0%

3 17.65%

5 29.41%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Dh isn't home during light hours during the week so it's done on the weekend. We literally have a council strip of grass to mow so the mowing part doesn't take long but every couple of months he needs to trim the hedges too so that takes a while. He does his best to do it early (but after the neighbours awake) or in the afternoon so we have time together. Any more yard to look after and I'd dare say we'd pay someone. DH works 80-90hrs a week at least. Family time comes before the yard. My neighbours recently mowed it for us out of the kindness of their heart because DH was away.

I do housework during the week and wash every day, including weekends. Although now I'm at uni my mum does the bulk of the housework when she's watching my kids so I only have to do maintenance. It's wonderful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cleaning: in the morning I will sweep the house out, fold any washing from the night before, then after breakfast dd wipes over the table and benches and washes the morning dishes. In the afternoon I vacuum the house out, and mop of a night. The fans are done when I notice they need it, usually every 2 or 3 weeks.

Mowing: Either in the morning after school drop off if I have the time off, or in the late afternoon, or I pay someone to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I clean everyday without fail. DH mows on a day off. He works 8-7 sometimes a lot later. So by the time he has dinner and showers its relax then bed time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I try to mow when i don't have ds, but otherwise a morning or afternoon (before or after nap) but only if he's in a good mood and willing to play alone.

I clean a bit all the time. No other way to keep it under control!

*~Thank goodness for my phone...It is my sanity & excuse for most things~*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Vacuum every day. Dishes as we go. Washing daily. Bathroom one morning a week. Other jobs done on the weekend as needed/motivated eg windows, spot washing walls etc.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I clean every day,and do a load of washing everyday. weekends i clean less as i dont want to waste precious family time, but i do vacume on the weekend. And do cooking for the kids snacks/lunchboxes on a sunday. dh will mow either on a weekend, or an afternoon after work (but thats rare).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I clean everyday, including weekend, my husband cleans every day too, including weekend. He cleans after work, washing clothes, dishes, sweep general tidy up. Weekends he cleans the toilets and bathrooms first thing in the morning then we go out with the kids (after that he did the mowing when we still had back yard;around 5 or 6 pm).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted 1, but it's not entirely true, but was the most fitting.
    We do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done. There is no certain day or schedule. If it needs doing, it gets done. We clean as we go through the day, so it doesn't pile up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My husband usually mows on the weekends because he works 6 days and long hours during the week.

Normally he will do it when our son is sleeping. We usually go out together as a family on Sunday mornings, then when we come home, it's nap time for DS and that's when we do some housework.

I clean a little everyday, but usually Saturday morning is my big tidy up. After 3 days of rushing around for work, it's necessary because the house is a pigsty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Voted 4.

Hubby mows the lawn on the weekends and it only takes him an hour or so. He does it every second weekend and it fits around other stuff.

During the week he leaves for work at 5:30am and is not home until 8pm so he can't do it after work or he'd be doing it in the dark

We both clean as we go, do washing as we go but also have a bigger clean on the weekend. Again - not set time, just whenever it fits in I like cleaning though and like having a clean house. It doesn't take long to do as it doesn't get that messy because we clean as we go each day.