+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Who mows the lawn at your house?

Just curious

I really enjoy mowing the lawn - I have a certain way and order I do it to acheive a good result in the shortest time possible. I put it in the same category as 'just something that needs to be done', much like the dishes, the laundry and general tidying up of the house.
    DP seems to take all day when he does it ...and it is a chore that for some reason needs not only acknowledgement, but demands a round of applause

I'd feel like we'd be throwing money away by paying someone else to do it.

How is it approached in YOUR household?

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've never mowed a lawn in my life. I've never even touched a lawn mower before! I've seen one up close, but I wouldn't know how to turn it on.

So yeah, not me! DH does them...if he didn't then I would pay someone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I mow most of the time and wippersnip all of the time, I like to do it and like looking at the end result. OH occasionally gets in and does some weeding but that's it really. We have a ride on mower so it's not really hard work and the kids love having a ride around with me. I have those safety ear muff thingys to protect their ears as it is fairly loud.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We used to hire someone to do it but it just got too expensive. So now DH does it and he's so proud of himself afterwards. I used to mow my parent's home when I was a teenager but haven't mowed a lawn since. Just not something I like doing at all.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I take care of the inside of the house, and DH takes care of the outside, so DH is responsible for mowing the lawn...

I have done it once, I wanted a dog and DH said if I mowed the lawn we could get one, he didn't think I would even be able to figure out how to start it. I showed him lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Madame Mayhem For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It used to be dh but then he started working away alot. So I have ended up being the mowing lady every thursday when kids are in daycare.

Its funny cause when i do my sexy neighbour comes out and mowes his lol. So no complaints from me about doing it

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

Luvmydogs  (15-03-2012),Rutabaga  (15-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I've never mowed a lawn in my life. I've never even touched a lawn mower before! I've seen one up close, but I wouldn't know how to turn it on.

Exactly this!

I don't even like going into my back yard, I hate grass and any form of gardening / yard work. I'd concrete my backyard if I could!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We both do the lawnmowing but the mower is mine all mine lol , I do the whippersnipping as dh doesnt do as good a job as me but i let him do the edger as I hate using that machine (it throws sand all over you).
    It would cost around $60 every 2-3 weeks for us to get someone in to do the lawns but they also want the lawn vertimowed first at a cost of $700 (which is around what it cost us to buy the mower and snipper)before they will start doing it so we save heaps by mowing ourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post

This is me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    John the mower man mows ours
    DFs mower is 1 hour away as we have nowhere to store it.