+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I am thinking of doing this for DS (17 months) what do they do exactly?
    It's like a music lesson but all the songs are really interactive and tailored to your babies age and development stage. I've been taking dd since she was about 4 months old and she absolutely loves it!! Each term you get a take home pack with a new instrument, book and cd to play at home. Dd can sing so many songs now and taps along to the beat when the music is on. Geez I sound like I work there!! I think you can do a free trial class so I would definitely recommend doing that and see how you find it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (02-04-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we do (did, DD has a broken leg)
    Monday: toddler gym (PCYC $5 including morning tea)/creche (if I feel like having a workout instead), swimming
    Tuesday: Play in the Park (YMCA, Free)
    Wednesday: Playgroup or Rhymetime (library, free)
    Thursday: Rhyme time (community centre $2) or Daycare
    Friday: ABA meeting, Rhyme time (community centre $2)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD is now 2.5 but when she was 1 we were going to 2 playgroups.

1 was just a local community one the other was at a play centre and it's amazing. We also went to a kindy gym one at the YMCA but I didn't like the people or the kids so ende up leaving. We also did dance for awhile but it was way too structured for our liking, DD just wanted to run around dancing (which is what we thought baby/toddler dance would be!! Boy we were wrong!)

Now that DD is 2 we have added bowling and about to start a music or dance class.
    Last edited by waterlily; 02-04-2012 at 01:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the replies everyone

DS has been to playgroup twice now and him and DH both enjoy it!

Swimming lessons finish up this week, so we'll be looking for something to replace it. Lots of great ideas here.

brydz is offline blessed with everyone amazing in my life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mr V had a crack at our local toddler music classes first term. He enjoyed them I think but he does not have the concentration of the other kids and just runs amok and tires everyone out.
    We tried story time once at the library and decided for the same ebergy filled reasons not ti return.
    This term im considering the tumble tots classes because it better suits his energy levels and now he is old enough to enrol.
    Otherwise we just do our own activities and play at home or go out for walks to the park and lake and stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do playgroup, rhyme time and swimming. She also goes to daycare twice a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooo I just looked up rhyme time looks like I'll be going.

Does anyone know of a place that does gymnastics for a 2.5yr old?
    I'm in Baldivis (Perth) don't mind driving

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS goes to playgroup with my dad.
    We also do "launch into learning" (like a playgroup run through schools) and a toddler song and movement (like kindy gym) at the pcyc.

We also get out of the house and go to the park or the beach or visit friends. We go to the library but don't do rhyme time as DS can't concentrate and wanders around pulling books off the shelves and annoying the other kids. I was sooo embarrassed last time and won't go back!

We HAVE to get out of the house everyday or we go insane. I figure, he's just figured out walking, he gets bored walking around the same house all day, playing with the same toys. I try to do something structured in the morning and then something like the park in the afternoon.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just wanted to butt in and say- please don't give up on rhyme time just because your toddler's a tornado! I am a children's librarian and every chance I can, I take my little tornado to rhyme time just to show the other parents that it's completely fine and normal. They eventually get it, and now DS is 2 and races into the library calling out the other librarian's name, sits on the mat, knows all the songs. He still wanders off and tries to climb in the librarian's lap and grabs at the books from time to time, but he really loves it, and i much prefer him learning to sit still and listen and participate @ the library for free than paying for toddler classes which just end up a waste. And while they are running around they're actually taking more in than you'd think!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Just wanted to butt in and say- please don't give up on rhyme time just because your toddler's a tornado! I am a children's librarian and every chance I can, I take my little tornado to rhyme time just to show the other parents that it's completely fine and normal. They eventually get it, and now DS is 2 and races into the library calling out the other librarian's name, sits on the mat, knows all the songs. He still wanders off and tries to climb in the librarian's lap and grabs at the books from time to time, but he really loves it, and i much prefer him learning to sit still and listen and participate @ the library for free than paying for toddler classes which just end up a waste. And while they are running around they're actually taking more in than you'd think!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    I second this! I'm a library clerk who works in a public library and we know what under 3's are like-not much self control and a whole lotta energy We just love that the mums bring their kidlets in and visit their local library. My DH brought our DD2 to our local Rhymetime while I was working (not conducting it though) and she had a great time running around