+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "Your creating a rod for your own back" because we go to DS when he cries, ergh bugger off!!! This is mostly childless people. I despise that saying, referring to anything, so so rude unless your a flimmin psychic and can see that in the future I will literally, physically have a rod in my back as a result of meeting my sons needs, shuuuut up!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I have a friend (who is a school teacher lol) who said to me every time she saw me with my son from when he was about 6 months old "shouldn't he be talking?" I mean he did the normal babble and mum, dad, bub etc BA ha ha ha.. This continued for well over a year until he started forming little sentences and even then she always seemed so concerned about his development. Quite odd really. He is four now and speaks really well. And she used to say to him when he was about a year old "no, naughty, down" and sort of bark demands at him as if he were a pet, not a baby. I tried explaining that he was not at that stage yet, and its easier to just redirect or move him but she never listened. I stopped seeing her recently after she kept referring to my new daughter as "it" and said "I really like your other child more than that baby".. Righto you socially incapable weirdo

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    I would be inclined to hear what this woman has to say OP if she is as knowledgeable as you say she is , she might actually have some constructive advice on how to tackle your problem. I have a couple of children who are the same and people tend to offer sympathy but no advice which doesnt help me much
    Thankyou for you reply though, I would have written the same thing if I had read my post

I have spoken to her in the past about him and she hasn't been able to offer much helpful advice, only what we have already tried. She just keeps going to back to the "he's only two" thing. Unfortunately the "he's only two" thing is wearing thin as he has been doing this since he was just over 1 and I can't see it stopping anytime soon. She is great for asking general mum type advice (how to get him to eat his dinner and not throw it at on the floor when he was younger, how to keep him in bed at bedtime etc) but I think because she hasn't had a spirited, aggro kid its hard for her to understand as she hasn't witnessed him in his element.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    "Your creating a rod for your own back" because we go to DS when he cries, ergh bugger off!!! This is mostly childless people. I despise that saying, referring to anything, so so rude unless your a flimmin psychic and can see that in the future I will literally, physically have a rod in my back as a result of meeting my sons needs, shuuuut up!
    "you're creating a rod for your own back" is my absolute LEAST favorite quote eeevvveeerr!!! Drives me nuts hearing it. What does it even mean?!? I do know what it means... But... seriously! Stop it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I had a friend that parented the opposite to me. Believed in CIO, early introduction of solids, that co-sleeping was both dangerous and selfish, as the husband had a right to unfettered access to his wife and co-sleeping stopped that I tried to remember that we parented differently and that was ok.

But she constantly interferred and put her 2 bobs worth in when I didn't ask for advice. Her: why haven't you started solids? she's 5 months now. She's crying bc she's hungry. Me: errr no, she's crying bc she's overtired, she hasn't slept much today Her: no, she's hungry, I can tell Another.... Her: Why don't you send your kids to bed with a bottle? that's how they learn to sleep Me: No, we don't do that. It can rot their teeth. Her: (incredulous) well I think that's silly, it doesn't rot their teeth. So one day I'm having problems settling her and my friend offers to settle for me. Thinking she was being supportive I allow her. I go in to check later.....to find a bottle in the cot... leaking milk all over the sheets this was after we had the above conversation about 3 times
    Last edited by delirium; 15-03-2012 at 16:51. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyMooNugget View Post
    I think people are just plain clueless to other people's feelings...

Im not a parent yet, still UTD, but the one thing that really annoys the crap out of me is when out in public with family/friends, and you see someone's kid chucking a tantrum or doing something naughty, and they always think that its hilarious to say in a condescending tone "see what you have to look forward to?"
    This. It does my head in!!!