+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sounds to me like she was saying the 'talking to' in a tongue in cheek manner, as in she's trying to say she thinks he's normal. I'd take it that she doesn't want you to worry that your friends are judging you for his behaviour - that they are absolutely not. That was just my interpretation. You know her, of course, so would know the intention. .

i do understand it can be frustrating though if you think there is a problem and noone will listen. If that's what you mean, then, yeah, I totally get how that can be a big problem too. And its never nice to know people are talking about you behind your back.

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by earthfairy View Post
    Im getting so sick of people telling me that boys are easier than girls & that im doomed having my 2 girls. It is hurtful & annoying.

Also, people telling me I need to try for a boy - "the girls need a brother, your DH needs a son"

I get the son thing too! We have one DD and are trying for #2 and everyone keeps saying how much it has to be a boy blah blah blah... I in fact, would like another girl, but i'll be happy with whatever I am blessed with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think people are just plain clueless to other people's feelings...

Im not a parent yet, still UTD, but the one thing that really annoys the crap out of me is when out in public with family/friends, and you see someone's kid chucking a tantrum or doing something naughty, and they always think that its hilarious to say in a condescending tone "see what you have to look forward to?"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DmansMummy For This Useful Post:

Brummiemummy  (15-03-2012),elleseetee  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have single childless friends who think they're parenting experts ask me "do you have to go get him every time he cries" about my 5 month old DS who I most happily rock/feed to sleep. Mainly because everyone they know uses controlled crying from birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I was pregnant with DS1 I had a childless friend tell me I'm not aloud to "baby talk" no calling a banana, nana or a cut/bump/bruise and owie etc. She said I would set my child up for speach delays if I did :rollseyes:

It also irks me the amount of times i'm over/under dressing my kids "maybe you should put a singlet under that" um, it's 30degress, are you serious.

I've also had the "your spoiling your children" card pulled on me more times then I care to count.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    im sick of people telling me just to feed DD2 'proper' meals and then she'll sleep thru the night.

she is 16mths old and very much a self feeder, if she wont put it in her mouth and she certainly wont let me do it how am i meant to make her eat more?

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbish View Post
    I get the son thing too! We have one DD and are trying for #2 and everyone keeps saying how much it has to be a boy blah blah blah... I in fact, would like another girl, but i'll be happy with whatever I am blessed with!
    I am so with you and Earthfairy on the girls thing. I have two and my third child is due mid year. My mil has said that she is expecting this one to be a boy and dh needs a son. We are actually both hoping for our third daughter, but really don't think it matters either way. It seems everyone I meet wishes me the best of luck in getting the son we both must really want.

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My all time favourite was a 'friend' saying 'when my DS was that age he was saying, this, this and this... Maybe you should get your DS tested for speech delay?' I say 'well he speaks very well, probably just as much as your DS at the same age, just different words'. Her reply 'yes, but he should be at least saying, this, this, and this'. WTF, obviously the kids are exposed to different lifestyles so they are going to have different first words... it shouldn't matter WHAT they are saying, just that they are communicating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh crap is that where DH and I are going wrong- 4 girls and counting- seriously though we only had all 4 cause we were trying for a boy (insert sarcastic smiley). Why can't people believe you are happy with what you get in life.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (15-03-2012),jbish  (15-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    'Everyone' was telling me my 2year old should be talking by now and to take him to the dr and he needs speech therapy. Well I did that and turns out he's very advanced.... people just need to stfu if they don't know what they're talking about.