+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    well, my 7.5 month old DD is working on not much other than snuggles! She is only sliding/commandoing, has no teeth, doesn't wave, clap, talk, or get herself to a sit. she has been sitting strongly when placed like that since 6 months and sliding since then too but is quite a.sensitive, easily overwhelmed bub so is not interested in exploring away from my vicinity (ie she gets around the loungeroom rug and thats it.

She likes to be worn (part time baby wearing house here) and Im perfectly happy with her being a baby for as long as she wants, i have a spirited toddler so the less moving bub does the better atm!

I was a bit worried when my son didn't crawl til 10 months, but he could throw and catch a ball by 6 months (seriously) and at 12months was dribbling a soccer ball around the house, so i know DD will do more when she's ready

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Its really great to hear what other bubbas are up to!
    Rocco is 8.5 mo and is crawling and cruising really well, he is ridiculously confident so we have alot of falls. A few weeks ago he cut his first teeth, four of them, within 5 days with no fuss. I was so surprised! Does anyone else have really clingy babies? I can't leave him in a room without him screaming and crying muummuuuummuum. He is perfectly happy to play if im sitting with him but the second I get up it starts. It makes getting things done really difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow DD (7.5mo) isn't even looking like she's considering talking yet!

She has become pretty efficient at getting around with her own version of crawling (more like launching herself forward repeatedly!) and will follow me if I leave the room. She props herself on her side like she' lounging when she wants to stop and play with something. No pulling up yet, but if we grab her hands she pulls up into a standing position straight away.

She's responding now to tickling games and we're getting new noises, nothing distinct like 'Mumma' yet.

No teeth yet, naps are all over the place but usually 3 per day with one of them about 2hrs long and the others less than an hour.

Last night she slept from 7:30pm - 4:15am which is pretty close to sleeping through the whole night! I was pretty happy considering lately she's been waking 3 times for feeds during the night!

No waving or pointing.

We're doing BLW too and she's getting much better at chewing and swallowing without just holding her mouth open and looking confused or gagging.

I love it when she does new things, can't wait for more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babalooba View Post
    Its really great to hear what other bubbas are up to!
    Rocco is 8.5 mo and is crawling and cruising really well, he is ridiculously confident so we have alot of falls. A few weeks ago he cut his first teeth, four of them, within 5 days with no fuss. I was so surprised! Does anyone else have really clingy babies? I can't leave him in a room without him screaming and crying muummuuuummuum. He is perfectly happy to play if im sitting with him but the second I get up it starts. It makes getting things done really difficult.
    Yep my DD doesn't like to be left alone. I just let her go nuts in whatever room I need to be in. She has also started screaming when she doesn't get something that she wants, which we learnt the hard way on the weekend when we went out to breakfast. Our coffees arrived, and she got very upset that she didn't have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Wow DD (7.5mo) isn't even looking like she's considering talking yet!

She has become pretty efficient at getting around with her own version of crawling (more like launching herself forward repeatedly!) and will follow me if I leave the room. She props herself on her side like she' lounging when she wants to stop and play with something. No pulling up yet, but if we grab her hands she pulls up into a standing position straight away.

She's responding now to tickling games and we're getting new noises, nothing distinct like 'Mumma' yet.

No teeth yet, naps are all over the place but usually 3 per day with one of them about 2hrs long and the others less than an hour.

Last night she slept from 7:30pm - 4:15am which is pretty close to sleeping through the whole night! I was pretty happy considering lately she's been waking 3 times for feeds during the night!

No waving or pointing.

We're doing BLW too and she's getting much better at chewing and swallowing without just holding her mouth open and looking confused or gagging.

I love it when she does new things, can't wait for more!
    Our DDs sound very similar in their personalities and development. Although mine is still waking 3x a night, but Im not bothered most nights.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mikayla slept through last night! She's normally a 3 - 4 times a night waker, and she slept all the way through! The only difference was I had the vapouriser going in her room coz she has her first snotty nose. I can hardly believe it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazGotHam View Post
    Mikayla slept through last night! She's normally a 3 - 4 times a night waker, and she slept all the way through! The only difference was I had the vapouriser going in her room coz she has her first snotty nose. I can hardly believe it!
    Must be something in the air - my dd slept right through too!! First time ever, from 8pm to 7:30am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh, I feel lucky! My little guy has been sleeping through since 3.5months, with oftentimes only one wake per night at 4-5. Is back to his 4-5am wake-up now he's teething. If he sleeps through, he'll wake at 7am. If he wakes at 5 for a feed, we get till 9am ~ bliss!

Glad to hear your bubs are sleeping better.