User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What new things is your 7-8mo doing?

What new stuff is your 7-8mo doing at the mo?
    Bones twisted, swords swallowed, fires eaten...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I'll answer my own Q...

As no-one else is into it, I'll answer my own Q.

My 8.5mo boy (corrected age 7mo as was 6wks early) has just turned into a dervish. He's been a fast talker/slow crawler, but now you cannot leave him on his back when napping, without finding him on his front up the other end of the cot, with his head in a corner accidentally bashing it on the headboard. He just turns turtle all the tome, it's like his biological urge to become mobile is suddenly exerting itself again.

Napping? Who am I kidding. His teeth are cutting, and without teething gel, there's no nap to be had.

You can hardly tuck him without him being a death-rolling crocodile, tangling himself in the sheet, and changing a nappy is like trying to put a clothie on a whirling weazel. He's discovered how to un-velcro his nappies, so gone are the warm days spent without nappy covers/pilchers on, along with the hot-days themselves.

Has started pulling up and cruising a bit, pretty sure he'll walk before he crawls. On the talking front, he's said dadda, hello, goodbye (woodwye) and even hello mummum, and mum-mum-mums the day away, has for over 2months now. Lately he's forgotten all but the mummummum. Very flattering, but then again, I suppose that's the one that gets the biggest response!

CazHazKidz is offline Merry Christmas! From Ham Mik & Ben
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mikayla is 8 months next week. She's pulling up and cruising now, she's been crawling for a good few months and is now going at 100 mile an hour. She climbs EVERYTHING. She follows her big brother (2) everywhere, and they spend a lot of time wrestling. She's starting to eat some cool things like crackers with cream cheese and dry cheerios cereal. Umm... she's still feeding 2 - 3 times a night and luckily I've got a bed in her bedroom because I've slept in there with her for 4 nights in a row now! She still just has the one tooth that she got last month and it's turning into a huge chomper. We've just managed to re-establish breastfeeding after a couple of months of major refusal..... Hmm.... what else..
    She loves her swimming lessons and likes to chase balls, oh and is obsessed with the cat. Lucky our cat is well behaved coz she tackles her like she does her brother. =D
    •Me-Caz-33 DH-Rob-33 DS-Ham-5 ♥DD-Mik-3.5 ♥DS-Ben-1.5

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 8.5 months, and she loves exploring. Her favourite thing to do is pull items out of a box/bag/container. Makes me wonder why I bought all of these toys

She is starting to perfect her bye-bye wave (it's just a hand gesture now, and not a whole arm gesture), and has just started to point.

No teeth yet. I am not looking forward to when they make an appearance.

Im finding this age really enjoyable, because she can interact so much more with us now. Hearing her squeals of laughter is the best sound in the world!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 8.5 months and has been crawling for about a month now. She is pulling up on furniture and cruising but is starting to get way too confident for my liking as she thinks she can just walk and will often turn to the direction she wants to go in and just let go....argh!!! We have had so many falls (we have floorboards) so there have been lots of tears and hovering from mum lol!!
    She can say dada and uh oh (so cute!!) and tries to say her brothers name and woof woof. She tries to copy the actions to Incy wincy spider which just amazes me as she is so good at it for her age. She also loves to play peek a boo. She adores her big brother and could laugh all day at his silly antics
    She is just adorable and I could gobble her all up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg you're bubba's are all doing so much more than mine!

S (8 months) has just started crawling (still on her tummy) and the third tooth has just cut (but there are a couple more ready to break).

Napping is slowly improving. Self settling is pretty average. Night waking is regular.

No climbing, cruising, waving, clapping or talking.

She has just started to get a but more demanding and will come to find me if I leave her alone too long. She'll also have a big whinge if you take a toy off her!

Interested to see what all the other buns are doing!
    Me 32 --- DH 38
    Sophie Asha
    Samantha Jane

headoverfeet is offline You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hello!

My DD is 7.5 months she has been crawling for a while now but only just in the past 2 weeks moved on to crawling on her hands and knees full time. She is climbing and cruising around anything she can get too! Just started clapping and is doing a bit of waving. She says mummma and has begun to say dadadadada. Boobs about 5 times a day and helps herself over night has 1-2 solid meals a day but we are doing blw so she doesnt eat much. Down to 2 day naps of around 1-2.5 hours each, boobs to sleep. No teeth yet! She has also just started giving hugs and kisses which is sooooooo sweet!!
    Mr 35- web designer Ms-31 SAHM
    Mr 7- I think I know it all Mr 5- I want to do it all Miss 3- The Queen
    Extreme Babysitting- Story of a Gestational Surrogate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I must say, I do get good cuddle.

Sam has always been a real little snuggle.
    Me 32 --- DH 38
    Sophie Asha
    Samantha Jane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babycart, I know what you mean abt the others doing more, but I'm sure there's lots of stuff your little one does that you just take for granted and don't think is so special. 3 teeth already ~ wow! So she has been doing heaps ~ working on the teeth!

My little one is so verbal and only just getting the movement thing. Has been caterpillar crawling on front and back but only now able to push up on arms. Much happier upright, though. I put the arm strength lack down to hardly any furniture around our house suitable for pulling up on. Going from strength to strength now he's moved out of his interim portacot (from bassinet) ~ and our bed ~ into real cot. So the bars seem to help his arm strength. I discovered months ago he suddenly sat up and will crawl better when his cloth naps are removed ~ couldn't pull up his knees to crawl or balance on his big clothy bum!
    My fave moment a few months ago was when I left the room for a mo, came back in to find an upside-down boy with his face scraping the carpet, plaintively crying 'muummmmm'. He still goes through stages with it, but mummms more often than he cries for attention.

Missie mack ~ I love that your baby is trying to sing! I sing all the time, and I'm yet to hear bubba try. Maybe I'm not listening in the right way, and will prick up my ears from now on. Or maybe he sings a lot, but inherited his daddy's ear for music...

We have a dog that bubba loves (the first fur-baby), and bubs is v gentle with her. I'm not looking forward to him crawling all over her! He looked at her the other day like she would be good for holding onto whilst he attempts to stand... I've trained the dog not to go for baby toys, now I just have to train the baby away from the dog toys...

Thanks, guys. It is fun to hear what your bubs are doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not too worried Baroness & agree she is just focusing on other things right now and will catch up in no time! For instance, she is growing! 74.5cm at 8m is off the charts!
    Me 32 --- DH 38
    Sophie Asha
    Samantha Jane