+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleeplessness (PND)

One of my recent diagnoses was pre natal depression. A large and glaring factor of this at the moment is sleeplessness. I get tired but as soon as I put my head down on the pillow I get anxious and have to get up.

I usually then spend my waking hours tidying the house or stressing about not being able to sleep. It's only a new development and while I have been given drugs to bomb me out, I find that my body fights them.

Has anyone had bouts of sleeplessness and, if so, how have they dealt with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I try not to sleep all the way thru but get up and make myself a milo and wind down again either on the internet or a movie or just quietness. I used to pace but that only makes the anxiety worse as the more you move the more the blood pumps and the more the thoughts go on iykwim.
    Best of luck and hope its only a preg thing for you, I've always had insomnia but it was way worse during preg for me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lulu 2 For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately, I don't get to sleep. I put my head down and begin to drift off then sit up startled. Anxiety sets in and I have to get out of bed, walk around to get rid of the excess energy and then think to myself, well what do I do now? I have drugs to bomb me out but they're only prolonging this thing...not getting rid of it.

I hope it's a pregnancy thing otherwise I'm going to go completely mad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take the sleepers & get some rest first of all.

Then organize to see a psychologist & your GP and let your GP know your very anxious.

It will get better. I had peri-natal & post-natal with my first born & it was horrendous.

Pm me if u like.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take the sleepers & get some rest first of all.
    Would love to only that now the sleepers are making me sleepwalk and do silly things...which I then can't remember doing. I take an anti-anxiety pill instead.

I'm already receiving assistance through a psych facility and it's slow going.

It will get better.
    I hope so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure how you might feel about meditation? Maybe as you lie in bed, you could try to get your mind to relax, by meditating and taking your mind off your thoughts? Maybe focus on trying to settle your mind first, than move on to settle your physical body?

Good luck with it all, I hope you can find some peace so that you can take a well earned rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meditation is great. I've been learning to do it throughout the day, too. Perhaps it's a question of mastery but I've not yet managed to banish the urge to get out of bed while trying to sleep and things are towering over me at the moment in trying to understand what is going on in my brain.

I think I'm a little too far gone for meditation at present but it's a worthy suggestion, thank you.