What do you love about being a single parent? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm not a single parent any more and while I wouldn't change being with DP for the world, I really miss the single parent-child bond I had with DS. I'm still really close with him but there was something so special about the bond between us when it was just him and I. I really felt like it was just the two of us against the world. I do miss that, it's really beautiful.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (17-03-2012),Izy  (15-03-2012),laurea  (15-03-2012),shelle65  (15-03-2012),SimplyMum  (15-03-2012),teacupbunny  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok so I'm going to write my list now - although I've never had a partner since splitting with my exH so I can't relate to dating... But anyhoo

I enjoy how close I've become to my boys ... I feel so protective of them - even more so than when I was married.

I like not having to answer to anyone or ask to do something.

I like how everything is just the way I want it

I enjoy my me time when the boys go to their dad.

I like not feeling like I need to something - like on the weekends I never used to just sit and relax

I eat what I want when I want.

I can budget and save money.

I'm a much more independent and competent person because I have no one to rely on.

I can flirt with boys like crazy

I know myself a lot better than I ever have in my life.

No dirty socks BESIDE the laundry basket - what's with that??!!!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (16-03-2012),HugsBunny  (07-08-2012),Izy  (15-03-2012),laurea  (15-03-2012),shelle65  (15-03-2012),teacupbunny  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Not having the constant fights and arguments over the kids and how to discipline them.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mum2bubba For This Useful Post:

Izy  (15-03-2012),teacupbunny  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    What a wonderful thread. I think i can relate to all of that.

Being responsible to my son and i, and thats it.
    Having time out from ds when he goes to his dads, where it is 100% my time!
    More money (i receive about 1/3or less now, but it goes further- how the f is that even possible?)
    Being able to snuggle with ds in the morning without worrying about him waking someone.
    Being able to play loud and boisturous without worrying about judgement
    Not having to share ds
    Independance
    Less cleaning
    More managable routine
    Less angst
    No lingering agression/negativity weighing x and i down. So much easier to get out of a funk.

*~Thank goodness for my phone...It is my sanity & excuse for most things~*

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (16-03-2012),Ellewood  (17-03-2012),laurea  (15-03-2012),shelle65  (15-03-2012),teacupbunny  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with everything everyone has posted - except I don't have friends with benefits.

I would only add one thing to everything:

I am not constantly hurt all the time by the way he treated me and the kids and life has finally, after almost 4 years, stopped being in that recovering cycle I was caught in so I'm now finding my happy again!!

I wasn't happy for the time we were together either so it's been a while...so nice to start smelling the coffee again

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willow For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (16-03-2012),Ellewood  (17-03-2012),HugsBunny  (07-08-2012),laurea  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I totally hear ya sista! I love being a single parent! Although I was devastated when my ex and I broke up after we tried for so long to get pregnant.

But I'm happy now!

Totally hear you on all those things except the hot water thing as it hasn't been in issue before for me....

Ow and just the lovely, special relationship I have with DS is irreplaceable. Hes an incredibly gorgeous and sparkly child.

I appreciate what I have even more when friends complain about their hubbies... But at the same time it's tough having to do absolutely everything on your own but totally worth it.

Thanks for this thread
    Last edited by Ellewood; 17-03-2012 at 12:45.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

laurea  (18-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely love being a single mum. I have always been pretty independent & even in relationships I like my space.
    It's great to patent how I want. My values & morals are a bit different to DS's father. I'm not sure his father has many!!

DS & I have a great bond & he knows me well enough that I just have to give him a look or my tone of voice changes that he knows he's pushed the boundaries too far. He doesn't have that with anyone else.

I enjoy just doing what I want & go where I like.
    Not having to consider the other person's views & opinions.

Being able to express my views & opinions, & not feeling like they aren't being taken into consideration. (ex-Dh is very selfish & arrogant)

I enjoyed my me time when DS visited his dad but now his dad has moved I don't get that. So that makes it hard some weekends. But in the end, DS is better to hang around me than his father parenting wise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly4 View Post
    Definitely love being a single mum. I have always been pretty independent & even in relationships I like my space.
    I think that's healthy! Me, I think I was always the opposite, loved spending all our spare time together, which I think looking back was very unhealthy!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly4 View Post
    DS & I have a great bond & he knows me well enough that I just have to give him a look or my tone of voice changes that he knows he's pushed the boundaries too far. He doesn't have that with anyone else.

This - me too with DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is so much I love about being single and especially a single parent.

My relationship wasn't a good one so anything is better than arguing all the time over everything. I love being able to do things at my pace, the way I want. Parent the way I want without having to debate with someone else about if they agree with it too. It sure has its perks.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooooooo, what an uplifting thread! I am about to become a single parent, and cannot wait to come back to this thread when I officially am.