+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I always wear two pads but that not even enough. Last time I had to get change my clothes and sheets three times on that first night.

As for the disposable knicker I have never tried them. Sorry.

I am really no help at all. Just wanted to say your not alone with the leaking.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

spitthedummy  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    how about two sets of underwear with a pad on each ?

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes when I was younger and had heavier periods I used to wear 2 pads (not right on top of each other, one a little more to the front and one a little more to the back if that makes sense) plus 2 pairs of undies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used mens briefs last time, they sit a little higher so they don't irritate a ceaser scar and they are roomier, I'm thinking about trying out mens boxer briefs next time though after reading one of the previous posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that those big disposable pants are meant for urine and faeces but they will still absorb some of the bleeding. If you are worried about leaking you could use the disposable pants and put one or two maternity pad inside. That way if you have a huge loss you wont have to change clothes and sheets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I went best and less and brought 20 pairs of their $1 crappy undies and used maternity pads and overnight ones. I also laid a surgical sheet (one side plastic and the other side absorbent) down every night so as to get any over night leaks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I third the mens boxer briefs! Lol. The pouchy bit at the front is excellent for the maternity pad & oh so comfy

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I used teena pads with DS, they are an incontinent pad so much bigger than a maternity pad but still shapes and much more absorbent. They also gave extra padding which was great when sitting (for a natural birth, ouch!). I used them for the first week or so, and then went onto maternity pads when things started to ease off. They were recommended by the midwife.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swizzlestick For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (14-03-2012),spitthedummy  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I leaked last pregnancy too until I changed to the maternity pads with wings. It saved my undies getting stained! But I also like to men's boxer brief idea. Will try that this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must confess to stealing a few of the disposable Kylie pads from the hospital to sleep on at night, saved changing sheets and extra washing!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monnie83 For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (14-03-2012),spitthedummy  (14-03-2012)