+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default when he was born...

my df mentioned today that last night, he was telling his close friend that our bub was quite sick when he was born...
    I was just looking back at his photos, and im a little upset.
    he was so little, and very very skinny,
    he was overdue, had jaundice, and skin problems. my breastmilk was not doing anything for him, ='( so i had to mix feed til i ran out.
    he was and still is perfect to us, but i didn't actually realise at the time how unwell he was.
    some of the photos just break my heart.
    Df also told his friend that our bub would not be well today if it wasn't for me, which made me feel so special.
    i honestly feel for anyone whos baby is unwell and From the bottom of my heart, i really hope they get well soon! xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    it's tough having sick kids let alone tiny little babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same looking back on photos of my girls, particularly DD1 who was 9 weeks prem.
    I also find it hard visiting friends with unwell babies as the smell of the NICU and SCN brings back all the fears and memories of those long days and nights sitting by DDs bedside..
    I think it's good to look back though sometimes, it makes you appreciate your own strength and your beautiful child/children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1boyplus1 View Post
    I feel the same looking back on photos of my girls, particularly DD1 who was 9 weeks prem.
    I also find it hard visiting friends with unwell babies as the smell of the NICU and SCN brings back all the fears and memories of those long days and nights sitting by DDs bedside..
    I think it's good to look back though sometimes, it makes you appreciate your own strength and your beautiful child/children.
    Hugs!!!!
    I never got a chance to take pics od DD1 in Icu as it was all so overwhelming and draining at the time

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes you don't realize it while you are dealing with it, you are so focussed on keeping bubs fed, comfortable and loved, it often doesn't hit you til you look back on photos. When I look back on photos of DS when he was sick and see how little he was, I cry, but then I see him now and my heart explodes with love and happiness