+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mineral makeup - Nude? Sheer Cover? Or recommendation.

Hi ladies,

I keep seeing these mineral makeup ads in the middle of the night while bfing and I like the idea of using a light makeup during the day as part of my regime as I would like to start feeling better about myself and if I can start with a nice face, I think it's z good start.

So does anyone use Nude by Nature or something similar? Do they do what they claim? Worth the cost?

Advise apppteciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't used Nude or any other infomercial brands but I have very sensitive skin and eyes and I only use mineral make up. I have used the L'Oreal brand one which was good and I wore it at my wedding and I currently have the INNOXA one. I have been very tempted by the Nude free trials of late for the same reasons as you as neither of the ones I have used are near as good as the ads for Nude say it is, but Nude's foundation as seen in the ad is a four part system of about $40 each part ($99 for it in a pack without the first step, go figure, I'm getting this off there website) where I have just been using a brush on powder that cost less than one part of the Nude system.

I do use Nude's eye shadow though. It is ok, very cost effective! But I have dry eyes and the shadow is a really loose powder that irritates my eye a bit. It's good, I would recommend it.

I would love to hear how people have found Nude mineral make up to, if you try it please let me know.
    Okebro.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm doing the Nude free trial right now!

TBH, not as great as they claim. I'll be returning it at the end of the trial and go back to using my Estee Lauder mineral makeup. I dont like Nude's concealer. Very difficult to blend. And the three powders seems overly complicated to me especially since it doesn't give as good a finish as my one single E.L. powder!

I do really love Nude's new skin care range though and will be purchasing that to keep.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steel magnolia For This Useful Post:

Okebro  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought some nude by nature at target for about $40. I didn't get the whole system on offer as I already use the Mac bronzer and didnt
    Need the finishing veil. But I've found it fantastic, it really evens out my skin tone as I used to have a lot of red, blotchy patches and it made it look really even. You can also get the trial sets in myer from memory.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RenovatorMum For This Useful Post:

Okebro  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have started to use nude. I considered sheer cover but it was very costly I thought. Nude by nature u can get at most cosmetic retailers now. I brought the $59.95 starter kit. I brought this week or so before. Xmas. I only use make up week days and do not reapply durring the day. I find around after 6ish hour I prob should touch up. But I'm not a very vain person near end of the day. I don't care.
    I have not yet had to top up my starter kit. I highly recommend nude. Better than cream or liquid foundation. Not badly priced either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use the nude by nature mineral make up and I really like it. I didn't even know there was a system - I just use the powder. It's quick and easy to use and gives me decent coverage. I wear it to work every day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lock and Lu For This Useful Post:

Okebro  (14-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a Naplolean liquid mineral makeup, and I love it.
    I have used the powder types before, but I didn't like them at all. I think they take too long to apply, and my skin looks 'flakey' in dry areas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Everyday Minerals from the states. Even with shipping its way cheaper than buying it here.

$50 will get me more than a years supply of concealer, foundation, finishing powder and blush

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post
    I use Everyday Minerals from the states. Even with shipping its way cheaper than buying it here.

$50 will get me more than a years supply of concealer, foundation, finishing powder and blush
    Interesting! I will have to look into that!

Excellent advise everyone....greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post

Which online store do you order from? TIA