+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have some other family secrets,
    My grandmother fell pregnant when she was 15, this was in the 1930's, her family knew but they made her "cover it up" and they never spoke of it.
    She never knew her due date because she never had any care.
    When she was half way through her pregnancy (well she guesses that's how far along she was) her teeth started falling out, her hair, and she lost 25kgs. He parents still wouldn't take her to a dr or the hospital.

She said one night she woke up in pain and had bleeding, she said she was worried she was loosing the baby as she said her stomach wasn't big enough to be full term.
    She called for her mum, and he mum locked her in her bedroom and said she had to "deal with it" (her parents were trying to talk her into dumping the baby somewhere.. You get the idea)
    My grand mother said after hours of this pain and bleeding her parents took her to the hospital as she had passed out. When she woke up she was told she had a baby boy, he was very small and premature and he died.

They wouldn't let her see him, there wasn't a funeral or anything, she was never able to have children after that and adopted my mum and my uncle from her sister.

When my grandmother was 60 she received a phone call from a man saying he was her son, my grandmother said that it was impossible because her son had died during child birth.

This is we're it gets weird... Her son never died during child birth, her parents had told the nurses everything that happened and told them just to get rid of the baby, one of the nurses who lived 3 houses down from my grandmother took the little boy in and raised him and from a very young age told him what happened but she never knew who his mother was.

He checked hospital records and found my grandmother, 45 years later.
    They had paternity tests done, all confirmed that he was her child she though was dead.

None of us in the family even knew of her pregnancy when she was 15 until her son got in contact with her.

Daughter> 03/02/2011
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 15-03-2012 at 11:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    I have some other family secrets,
    My grandmother fell pregnant when she was 15, this was in the 1930's, her family knew but they made her "cover it up" and they never spoke of it.
    She never knew her due date because she never had any care.
    When she was half way through her pregnancy (well she guesses that's how far along she was) her teeth started falling out, her hair, and she lost 25kgs. He parents still wouldn't take her to a dr or the hospital.

She said one night she woke up in pain and had bleeding, she said she was worried she was loosing the baby as she said her stomach wasn't big enough to be full term.
    She called for her mum, and he mum locked her in her bedroom and said she had to "deal with it" (her parents were trying to talk her into dumping the baby somewhere.. You get the idea)
    My grand mother said after hours of this pain and bleeding her parents took her to the hospital as she had passed out. When she woke up she was told she had a baby boy, he was very small and premature and he died.

They wouldn't let her see him, there wasn't a funeral or anything, she was never able to have children after that and adopted my mum and my uncle from her sister.

When my grandmother was 60 she received a phone call from a man saying he was her son, my grandmother said that it was impossible because her son had died during child birth.

This is we're it gets weird... Her son never died during child birth, her parents had told the nurses everything that happened and told them just to get rid of the baby, one of the nurses who lived 3 houses down from my grandmother took the little boy in and raised him and from a very young age told him what happened but she never knew who his mother was.

He checked hospital records and found my grandmother, 45 years later.
    They had paternity tests done, all confirmed that he was her child she though was dead.

None of us in the family even knew of her pregnancy when she was 15 until her son got in contact with her.

Daughter> 03/02/2011
    Just thought I would add:
    My mother was 35 when all this came out at the time and that was when she found out her real mother was her Aunty, she never even knew she was adopted..
    And that meant her "uncle" who use to sexually abuse her was actually her father.

Mum also found out the only reason her real mother gave my mum to her sister was because a few days before mum was born her son who was 2 was hit by a drunk driver and died, her bio mother just couldn't handle having another baby just after one had died.

As with my grand mothers other adopted son, she found him wrapped in a blue blanket on the road she use to walk to work on, she kept him as her own.
    My uncle tracked down his real parents who had always though he was dead, they felt horrible but said they couldn't see him because it was to painful.
    The reason his parents dumped him was because they were both studying to become dentists and no one knew she was pregnant.. It would have destroyed there career, because they were both 18 and not married.

Daughter> 03/02/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    1. My great grandfather came from Germany just before the war. He married a young girl (my great grandmother) in her late teens (he was close to 30)and had 5 children together. When he died the family got his death cert and war cert and the name on both were different. Similar last name but a letter longer and a letter different. His first name we had never heard of and only knew his as a different name (which was his second plus a made up one) So all have a surname that really isnt ours. About 10 years ago the family got a phone call saying that he infact was a father and husband and had 3 children to a woman before my great grandmother. The man we thought we knew had alot of secrets.

2. My grandmothers sister had a baby when she was 15. Her mother sent her to her aunts over 2000km's away while she was pregnant and to deliver the baby. She returned without her baby boy and always seemed a little different after that trip. My grandmother and everyone else never knew this until recently.

3. My Nan's sister was beaten to death over time by her abusive husband. She died from kidney failure etc. She was beautiful in everyway and lovingand so young (early 30's). No one knew the reason behind the fights. They had one child (a boy) who is now in gaol as a convicted pedo. His mother lived for him and its now been outed that she tried to protect her son from the s3xual abuse from his father. She died for her boy

4. My nan was a nurse in a hospital and a lady that she treated once asked her if she knew a lady by the name of ......... (this lady that she was refering to was my nan's grandmother) The sick lady then told her the woman was her mother and that she was born out of wedlock. My nan didn't tell the woman who she was or anyone after expect my mum a few years ago.

5. MIL's father was a monster to her and her siblings. When he was younger (16) he had a much younger brother who drowned in the river when he was 7. The family called the older brother (mil's father) a black sheep and outed him from then on. No one know's but its assumed he was at fault for his brothers death. It makes sense after what he went on to do to his own wife and children.

Another family member's grandmother was sent out to Australia from england pregnant and with ALOT of money (she never had to work and had people wait on her hand a foot) When she was dying she told her daughter that she was sent out because she had fallen pregnant to a family member (insest) and that he parents were well know and well to do in england and could destroy their well know reputation. She was given enough money to live like royalty till she died.
    Last edited by 1CrazyMoose; 15-03-2012 at 11:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Some of Thea are innntense! Really interesting read. I don't think I have anything juicy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of these are really sad = (

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didnt know up until a few years ago that my grandpa ( who I adore, always have) wasnt my blood relative. My blood grandpa used to beat my grandma and lock my dad up in cupboards when he was only a few years old. My grandma kicked his butt to the curb and remarried to the most wonderful man ( my poppy).

It was Very upsetting to find this out but it would never change my relationship with my grandpa, I love him to bits and he will always be my poppy. Ive never met the guy and I never will, my dad has only seen him once since he was a kid and never again. He doesnt deserve to know us!

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Same. My great great grandparents escaped Germany during the war but the name they changed to was still German so they were just hiding out here, but from what!? Nan once told us they were Nazi's but left when they started rounding up the Jewish. BUT no one actually knows!?

I wish I knew how to do our family tree/history because there are so many untruths and holes in our family history.
    Yeah, our surname is German too so i didnt understand the point of it eiter.

I would love to do my family tree but i have no idea where to start etc

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually just thought of another few things. Again Not secrets as we don't do them well in this family..

My Mother's Uncle Shot his Mother.. She was walking past the window while he was trying to clean his gun and dislodge something in it... Unfortunately his Mother didn't survive.. Lesson drilled and enforced into me since... Kids don't belong near guns. She grew up on a farm and her brothers were 15 before they learnt to shoot.

My mother's Grandfather (same family as above) didn't allow his grand kids to be immunised while they lived in his house as he had lost ether a Son or a brother due to an early immunisation being tested on him. My mother at the age of 65 was given her first imunisation for Flu and had the flu for 3 months... She now refuses all imunisations but has had most of the things they cover anyway (everything except Polio, tetanus & Hepatitis I think)

My Grandfather the eldest of 5 boys at adult hood moved in with his father when he tool Ill in 1950, when the Father Died in 1960 He left Everything to my grandfather as the other boys had basically buggered off when they came of age. They other boys weren't happy as it was a lot of money/ Property (10 Acres or so in the hunter valley heaps of cattle & Sheep on the property so worth a fair bit) they contested the will and were told they probably wouldn't get anything as they Only needed to be mentioned in the Will which they were, Great grandfather was of sound mind at the time of writing the will, and Grandfather never knew until after he passed he would get so much, To keep the peace he offer to keep Half which he considered Enough and the other 4 could split the other half. They still Contested and basically got Nothing. Grandfather felt bad and gave them their share of the half anyway.

My father Shot a Woman once.. That was before Mum so she is only sketch on the details.

My mother has been married twice.. No great secret as she had both wedding pics on the photo wall. She was only married to the first hubby for 3 months and he passed in a motor cycle accident as the 1000th Death due to road accident recorded in NSW. Between husbands his Niece was sent over to Sydney from Perth to have her baby out of wedlock and lived with my mum. He was raised to believe his grandmother was his mother and his mother was his older sister. Hs family had all the family secrets, mum is still finding out more now as she talks to another of his sisters almost every day these days.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I grew up knowing that my bio grandmother had died when my mum was 4 and my mum was raised by her aunt and uncle (my 'nan' and 'pop'). My mum and bio grandmother had lived with my 'nan' and 'pop' because my mum's dad was not on the scene.

Anyway, a few yrs before my 'nan' died she told me that my bio grandmother had died in the bath because she was accidently gased by the water heater fumes. Turns out the whole town throught my biograndmother had committed suicide or that my 'pop' had killed her (there were even remours of any affair b.w my 'pop' and biograndmother).

There was an inquest that lasted 18mths while they investigated the circumstances around her dealth. My 'pop' had to proove his innocence. (it was exceptional circumstances that the flue on the heater thing had rusted and pop had to shorten it because the shops did not have the parts because of the war or something). Eventually her dealth was ruled an accident, but apparently throughout my mothers live she was the talk of town for having the single mother who had killed herself

When my nan told me, she said that she, pop and my mum had never really got over the scandal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my aunty fell pregnant at a young age and umm didnt know who the father was so she moved away to live with relatives while pregnant, had the baby who was adopted out and returned home to her teenage life.

about 7yrs ago her son found her and nanna was forced to explain the situation to everyone. aunty however was never forced into it and did it of her own will.

her son and his family are now a part of our extended family and join in family occasions et