+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    My surname isn't actually my surname, my grandparents ( german) has to escape the country during the was and made up the surname to get out. My grandfather stepped on a mine and lost his leg escaping and survived!!
    Same. My great great grandparents escaped Germany during the war but the name they changed to was still German so they were just hiding out here, but from what!? Nan once told us they were Nazi's but left when they started rounding up the Jewish. BUT no one actually knows!?

I wish I knew how to do our family tree/history because there are so many untruths and holes in our family history.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My family has a few my great great grandfather migrated his family from Ireland to wales and changed their last name so they could come to Australia. As a result I can find all my family in Australia as its a made up surname! There are also several half aunties and uncles from both my grandfathers all over Australia!!

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My mum has 2 sisters. Her youngest sister was a solo mum, and told everyone the father died in a motorbike accident.

Her other sister was married with 2 daughters, and as kids my sister always said the son was actually fathered by the other sisters husband (they look alike and have the same height) and recently yes, it's true.

The married sister always knew apparently, and accepted it, but her condition was that it was never spoken of.

That must have been so hard for her... well, all of them actually.

The married sister and her husband have now passed away.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh my Dads uncle was a travelling salesman with a wife and kids. When he died, another wife and children turned up at his funeral. Neither family had any clue about the other one. He'd been keeping this upfor many many years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My VERY Catholic Nanna was born out of wedlock! She was beyond horrified when we found out. We also found out her favourite 'spinster' Aunt was actually gay, and her 'boarder' was her lover. Haha poor prudish Nan <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My grandad (mums dad) was born out of wedlock but took the name of his step father.
    My dads family changed thier name either before or during WWII they were also Jewish but turned catholic to avoid persicution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out when my parents separated, after 26 years, that my Dad had been having numerous affairs throughout the whole marriage. One with my netball coach, my mum would come to games and stand metres away from the woman she caught him with. My mum didn't tell anyone or say anything as she wants to stay together for the sake of the children! I was so shocked and didn't speak to him for 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Nana went out with a pilot before she met my Grandad and become pregnant out of wedlock. Her baby girl was given to another family member to be raised, so my Mum and her sisters always thought that this girl was their cousin until just before my Nana died she revealed that their cousin was actually their half sister!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a half sister that I found out about at 21. My brother had known for about a year before me. My parents obviously knew for a long ling time. She is only 8 months younger than me. She now has two children.

My family refuse to even mention her name.

Um.. My brother ended up in a mental institution for three weeks ... Also not talked about..

My mum was sexually abused by her father.

My uncle is in jail for knifing a 19year old girl.

Another uncle is s transvestite.

Another uncle is a drug addict and shoots up in between his toes and eyelids.

The transvestite used to sexually abuse his two daughters, they wet their beds to keep him away. Till they were teenagers.

My auntie was sexually abused by her uncle. It went to court recently.

My father is a raging alcoholic.

My mother ... God.. Where to start with her mental problems!!??

Brothers bipolar.

I take antidepressant meds.

My mother and father hate eavhothers families. My dad nearly shot my grandfather when we were kids.

My dads been to jail twice.

I could go on and on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My granddad grew up believing his grandparents where actually his parents and his dad was his older brother after my great grandmother, a farm hand at the time, got pregnant and did a runner when he was 2 days old. So my great great grandparents raised him as their own and never told him the truth. It was revealed until 2 years after his death. No one he couldn't understand why there was 28 years between him and his next sibling.