+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default **trigger warning** revealing things your parents or in-laws have told you...

My MIL has always been a prude, always complained about how her DH (R.I.P) was a nympho and how she hated it and how she suffered so much thrush and UTI's and just hated hated it... and that he'd want to do it 3-5 times a day and how much she hated it.....
    and how my BIL used to bang on their door at night and say "You leave Mum alone!"

DH and BIL both have low sex drives as a result of growing up in that....

and she told me last time I saw her... that in 43 years of marriage, she NEVER had an orgasm...

I almost cried for her.

No wonder she hated sex so much.

Have your parents or in-laws ever told you something that makes you see their views and reactions in a different light?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my sister started her nursing course she went and stayed with our grandparents while she had placement and Nanna told her how she had had another kid (not ever mentioned any other time) that was actually a stillborn hermaphrodite.

I asked my mum about it and mum said she never remembers hearing about it.

It just amazes me how women of her generation just had to deal with that stuff and not ever talk about it. It would take such strength to move past that!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My Great-Grandfather had an affair with a woman back in the 1940's which resulted in a baby girl being born. The woman passed away and so my Great Grandmother raised the baby girl as her own daughter (she found out about the affair). I never knew that until recently...
    Last edited by Witwicky; 14-03-2012 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    My Great-Grandfather had an affair with a woman which resulted in a baby girl being born. The woman passed away and so my Great Grandmother raised the baby girl as her own daughter (she found out about the affair). I never knew that until recently...
    Wow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found out about DH has a half-sister through his grandmother. DH didn't even know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH has a half sister. His mum had a baby before she married his dad. And her sister brought up the baby as her own. They never never never talk about it. Never see her or talk to her. I think it's weird.

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My grandmother told me that my great aunt actually isn't a blood relative. She was the baby of the local hooker, who was left with my great grandmother to babysit, and one day her mother just left her there and never came back for her. Even though my great grandmother would often see her around town, the mother would never even acknowledge the baby girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow.. well my kids father has always thought that it was just him and his younger brother and sister that were from his mum and dad and he thought the other 4 were his dads from a precious marriage until I fell pregnant with our first child and mil would tell me stories from her first pregnancy which was not fob it was the eldest sister who he thougt was his dads... confused anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pynk View Post
    My mums cousin mum died when she was a kid. She supposedly fell but mums cousin swears to this day the dad pushed her down the stairs
    Wow. How heartbreaking to know/see that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (15-03-2012)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL told me that after she separated from FIL in the mid 80's, FIL would break into her house and rape her.
    Rape of a spouse was not illegal until 1988, so MIL could do nothing as the divorce was not final.