+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN Night Nappies for young child 16-21kg

Hi

I am posting this new thread that I have an issue with the night nappies for my 2 sons. I'm tired of buying the disposable nappies and dumping into the bins.

I would like to have reviews and recommendations from you for the right night nappies. It would be nice to save money from hassled the cost alot.

Brand names for the night nappies to suit the young child with the weights of 16 - 21kg.

Thanks!

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use Baby Beehind Magicall's with a green-kids bamboo booster.

Never had any issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use Green Kids Minkys at night, with the bamboo double inserts, booster and a microfibre insert. They can handle a lot of wee!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is 18kgs and I've struggled to find anything that fits other then, a Bumboo flat folded into a L cover the Velcro ones are really big! The snaps are a good size for us, so I fold it into an envelope put some extra strips of bamboo in the middle and then fold it like you would a prefold, a nice decent sized fleece washable liner (to keep him dry) and its perfect, you might be able to use a prefold too i only have flats so I'm not sure, you probably need about 4-5 flats/prefolds and 3 covers and if you have some extra bamboo laying around from daytime nappies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmmm.... I've noticed some out there called Motherease or Sandy or Mandy Mac or others which is suitable for over 16 to 25-30kg. Some websites through the Google. I hope the right brand name for the night nappies if no epic fail with leak, bulky, etc.

However, my DS1 is 5 yo and his weight is 17.5kg. My DS2 is soon to be 4 yo and his weight is 16.5kg.

Not easy task because the issue is the bed wetting at night time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    you can get an extra Large sandman (sustainable hemp products), which goes up to i think 20kg, they are supposed to be really good i dont know what size mandy macs go to but they are supposed to be really good too. are your boys heavy wetters?

do you have conni bed pads? or brolly sheets as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the issue is bed wetting, I was going to say brolly sheets as well. They are absorbent as well as water proof I believe. I use Issy Bear's and they are fantastic! Probably minky is best. They last my heavy wetter easily but he is 12kgs and only 16 months so I couldn't be sure about 16+ kgs. I don't boost them so there is that option too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you want custom made have a look at pure nappiness on etsy, I have used her fitteds and love them and I know she's just refined her patten

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum22 View Post
    My son is 18kgs and I've struggled to find anything that fits other then, a Bumboo flat folded into a L cover the Velcro ones are really big! The snaps are a good size for us, so I fold it into an envelope put some extra strips of bamboo in the middle and then fold it like you would a prefold, a nice decent sized fleece washable liner (to keep him dry) and its perfect, you might be able to use a prefold too i only have flats so I'm not sure, you probably need about 4-5 flats/prefolds and 3 covers and if you have some extra bamboo laying around from daytime nappies
    I agree! A toddler sized Bumboo bamboo flat works a treat on my 18.5kg 99cm tall 23 month old son. I use wool covers, but have used both a large Thirsties cover and a large side-snapping Bumboo cover overnight with no problems (I think they both work well as they have leg gussets. I lay in either bamboo boosters or the Bumboo cloth wipes (also bamboo) as extra absorbency.

I also have a couple of large Baby Beehinds night nappies and a large Designer Bums night nappy, all of which work well with wool covers (or PUL if u prefer). The Baby Beehinds has a snap in soaker which u have to fold up however u want the absorbency. The Designer Bums comes with 3 different soakers which u lay in, and u can again choose the absorbency (I only use the long soaker and smallest booster on my son).