+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    BabushkaMumma's Avatar
    BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked
    355
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only time this has happened with my new babe has been when I had way too much dairy. Ive cut it out since and had no poo variations.

    My first with whom I didn't cut out dairy with had constant variations to normal with bowel movements.

    Do you consume a lot of dairy? Thats the only thing I could think of due to personal experience...

    Hope you get to the bottom of it.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,069
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My baby has green poos too. They smell like his yellow ones so I highly doubt it's an infection and he is otherwise okay. When I eat seafood his poos have mucus though . I figure the mucus is related to the seafood and the greenness of his poo is just normal for him.

    Also there is no such thing as not producing enough hindmilk. It all depends on how much milk your baby is taking from the breast. I don't believe all this stud about wind causing green poo and fore milk causing green poo etc.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,872
    Thanks
    5,195
    Thanked
    3,895
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey CluckySC

    Didnt your bub gain weight fabulously as a newborn? I really really doubt its lack of hindmilk then.

    Green just means that its moved through the bowel a bit faster than the bacteria in the gut can work on it. Yellow is normal and brown means constipation is settling in.

    If he is happy and gaining weight normally I wouldnt worry.

    My bub had green poo on and off till she started solids at 6.5mths. then it went yellow.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    311
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    Hey CluckySC

    Didnt your bub gain weight fabulously as a newborn? I really really doubt its lack of hindmilk then.

    Green just means that its moved through the bowel a bit faster than the bacteria in the gut can work on it. Yellow is normal and brown means constipation is settling in.

    If he is happy and gaining weight normally I wouldnt worry.

    My bub had green poo on and off till she started solids at 6.5mths. then it went yellow.
    Yep, and he's now 10kg at 4 months. A happy chubby little thing.

    Thanks so much for your responses all. I have him on a baby acidophilus now so will see if that helps it. Otherwise if he stays settled and is growing well I'll keep an eye on it and not worry

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Could he be teething? If he's drooling too much, and or swallows lot of saliva, this can cause green poos too.

    Just 3 weeks ago, this happened to my 6 month old Dd. 100% BF. Green poos for a week. I had it checked with the doctor just for my comfort. Everything came back normal - no infections and no bacteria.

    After a week, she had less drooling and her poo came back to mustardy yellow again.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    311
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danigail View Post
    Could he be teething? If he's drooling too much, and or swallows lot of saliva, this can cause green poos too.

    Just 3 weeks ago, this happened to my 6 month old Dd. 100% BF. Green poos for a week. I had it checked with the doctor just for my comfort. Everything came back normal - no infections and no bacteria.

    After a week, she had less drooling and her poo came back to mustardy yellow again.
    Yes! I hadn't thought of that. I'm having to change bibs every hour as they're soaked with drool. Darn teething

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    Yes! I hadn't thought of that. I'm having to change bibs every hour as they're soaked with drool. Darn teething
    Yay! So happy to help. most of the time I'm the one who needs help.


 

Similar Threads

  1. green poos with a mixed fed baby?
    By strawberry swing in forum Bottlefeeding Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 06:17
  2. Nan ha new formula= baby with green runny poo and up set :(
    By Winterbubs1012 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19-08-2012, 10:47
  3. Green stools for a bottle fed baby?
    By Mrs Little in forum Bottlefeeding Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-04-2012, 18:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Impressionable Kids
Impressionable Kids are Australia's leader in framed children's memorabilia and specialise in framed baby hand and feet sculptures. With franchise locations throughout Australia you can be assured you will receive a quality handmade product with a lifetime warranty on all frames.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!