+ Reply to Thread
    tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 'Killer cell' endometrial biopsy - experiences?

I'm doing BTs and scans prior to an endometrial biopsy. Just after thoughts/opinions from others who have had them. If it's positive, what is the treatment like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tiggerfields,

Firstly the biopsy has to be done within a specific window of your cycle, generally 7-11dpo. Mine was done while I was knocked out for a lap & hyst, so I can't advise on the pain front if you're doing it while awake.

If you test positive, the treatment is steroids (eg. predisone or prednisolone). Some FS' include clexane too, though this is a blood thinner, not an immune suppressant.

I've also heard of people having intralipid infusions. There is a thread with ladies seeing an immunologist called Dr Matthias http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...9-Dr-Derek-Lok (it started out as a Dr Lok thread, but side tracked into immune issues)

I was lucky & my NK biopsy was negative. Good luck with your results!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tigerfields,

I have had this done and i was fortunate that the results came back negative. Like Lindylou mentioned it needs to be done at a certain point in your cycle when the NK cell levels are likely to be at their highest. I had a few BT to just confirm i ovulated and then had the biopsy 10 days post ovulation

My clinic don’t use any sedation or knock you out, i was just told to take 2 panadol (no muscle relaxants like Nurofen etc) 30 mins prior to the proceedure, it’s a very simple 2 minute procedure (I actually went in my lunch break). It’s like a pap smear except they slightly clip a section of your endomtrium. It hurt for the initial 2 seconds but then noting after that. My FS told me there could be some slight bleeding afterwards but i wore a panty liner for the remainder of the day and there was nothing.

Goodluck with your biopsy and the results.